• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another which would you keep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColtIce

Disabled
I have a newcastle at 2.65 and a clawhammer at 2.5. they are both pretty close to each other in terms of overall speed.in games the clawhammer is a little faster but for spybot scans and day to day stuff the newcastle "seems" a little quicker.I'm leaning towards the clawhammer right now but would like to hear some other oppinions.also please don't tell me to go 939 as it is not an option at the moment.

Are you putting one somewhere else or selling on? personally if those are max daily clocks I would sell em both and look at buying a cheap Newark with the money.

Otherwise I would go with the Claw 1mb cache goodness.

speed bump said:
Are you putting one somewhere else or selling on? personally if those are max daily clocks I would sell em both and look at buying a cheap Newark with the money.

Otherwise I would go with the Claw 1mb cache goodness.
well the one I don't keep is going into my youngest sons rig to replace a 2800+.and yes newark is in my future but I'm waiting for the 4000+ to be released.I'm going to hold on to one of these until at least october.as far as max daily clocks the newcastle yes, the claw I'm not sure yet as I've only had it since thursday and with my ram she's been giving me fits but slow but sure I'm beating her into submission.

I decided on the clawhammer.I also took some advice from Gautam and removed the IHS from it.man talk about a tremendous reduction in temps.anyway still in the intial testing [email protected] but I think she has some more in her.I'm going to give it a week or so for the AS5 to set then I'm going to push for 2.7 or more.

Back