• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

next question about x800 (performance)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

What would a x800pro compare to in the nVidia range? I saw some site showing it was faster then the 6800GT. Some how I didn't belive it...

x800 pro would be .... hmmm its kinda on the line, its the competitor to the 6800gt, but i believe the 6800gt is still faster, but the x800xl stock is about = to 6800gt stock. (the x800pro can be faster but needs to be overclocked)

maxxoverclocker said:
x800 pro would be .... hmmm its kinda on the line, its the competitor to the 6800gt, but i believe the 6800gt is still faster, but the x800xl stock is about = to 6800gt stock. (the x800pro can be faster but needs to be overclocked)

Thank you.
I just found out im not aloud to buy anymore crap. Soo, I'll have to see what I can get in 3 to 6 months time. But a x800 pro seems to be the best priced card thats better then the 6600gt, atm.

No, that wouldn't work because they don't softmod anymore, but they overclock like a champ.

Quailane said:
No, that wouldn't work because they don't softmod anymore, but they overclock like a champ.

Are you sure? Frined of mine flashed his brand new one 2 weeks ago. It worked well too. But its possible that this had been sitting on the shelf for a long time.... but unlikely.

Your friend had the ability to flash his card because it was AGP interface. If he wants to get the PCI-e one, he wont be able to softmod it because the pipes are physically cut.

I am aware that the pci-e ones don't mod at all. But Quailane said that the new VIVOs (I assume all of them) don't flash. I was wondering if there was any truth to this.

Back