• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 766(66) on BX62 Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phree2be

Need help badly. Just bought an ABIT BX62 board and a Celeron 766(66) processor. I cannot get the machine to post. I have the latest BIOS and I am currently running a 450(100) on the machine now. I've tried to clear the CMOS before I insert the new CPU but the Mobo just doesn't want to accept it. Any Ideas?

Thanks

make sure the cpu isint chipped or something. take a good magnifying glass and check the core for any cracks, chips, etc.

what BIOS version do you have?
if it is not the latest, upgrade it to the latest
get it here
http://www.abit-usa.com/eng/product/mb/bx6r2.htm

What slotket do you have?
if it is from an old celeron (PPGA) odds are that it doesnt support FCPGA CPU's, the new celeron that you have. SO you will most likly have to buy a ne slotket for your celeon as well , but before you buy a new one, post what you have so we can tell you if that is the problem or not... also post the reversion number of the slotket

as long as you have the qr bios any coppermine chip will work. i have the 1000e in mine. just remeber to go into the setting and set it as a 66 mhz cpu, put in the correct voltage, and turn off speed error hold.

qr bios is installed, there are to chips or scratches in CPU, and I am running with an MSI Slotkit for FCPGA (should work fine). Do I have to set bios up before I put the new CPU in? I thought that if I cleared the CMOS the computer would at least boot. I am getting no response from the machine except fans and drives running. Help please. Thanks.

Try checking all the connections. Are you hearing any beeps? Try reseating the CPU and RAM. Same with cards. I think the only time my computer didn't beep was when I had killed my video card.

hmm. i didnt have to clear the bios when i upgraded. it automatically cleared. try pressing the insert key when you boot and make sure your slotkit is pushed all of the way in.

if you want to clear the bios simply remove the battery and put it back in.

Well all the bios upgrades I've done from abit recently suggest that after you flash the bios you need to clear the CMOS before starting back up. Also before you clear the CMOS make sure you unplug the power supply completely. You don't want any power going to your motherboard before clearing the CMOS. Don't know why that's just what Abit says.

try holding down the "insert" key when you turn you computer on.
that may help.

Back