• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking, emachines, and you(trigem boards)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hrhrhrFOOT

Recently, while looking for a way to overclock my 1.8 willy on an emachines t1842 mobo(trigem imperial), i found a way to overclock it by the way of hardware mods:

http://www.geocities.com/enigmadeadsouls/overclocking/

My PLL is the 950201, so i would go here.

It looks a bit, ok, a lot harder than normal overclocking, but it does work, as seen in a testimonial there. I'm not going to attempt it at the moment(broken left arm), but i think this could be useful to anyone wanting to OC an emacines. As always, be careful.

Ah, but a vaio is not an emachine ;)

The emachines, dells and compaqs use trigem boards, which cannot be overclocked by software means.

Wow I have the stuff I'd need but I'm not sure I'd risk it. The eMachines is our family computer so hardmods are a no-no for me. Looks ineresting though and I'll be looking forwards tosee how this turns out!

edit: oops old(ish) thread

I'm quite happy someone found the link, actually XP
It was a very interesting link for me, but unfortunately, not many other people felt the same :(

Back