• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800xt rebooting my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scythe47

Registered
Hi,

I just bought a ati x800xt 256 meg ram and installed it with my Zalman reserator cooling. It works alright but sometimes when switching resolutions it completely reboots my computer, a hard reboot.
Any ideas?

Could be a power issue, my friend just got an x850xt pe and it's maxing out his PSU.... your system specs would be useful here.

Packrat said:
Could be a power issue, my friend just got an x850xt pe and it's maxing out his PSU.... your system specs would be useful here.
I second that as drawing on more power so suddenly, ex. up'ing resoultions require more processing which means more power, and a sudden guzzle in power on a 'weak' PSU would explain why your comp reboots like that. Either that its some sort of driver issue and mayb with the slightest possibility a heat issue but i doubt these possibilities.

Thanks for the advice, I´ll look into it. Is there a way to see how much juice the card is supposed to draw? It´s not complaining during normal use so...

Back