• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Muddocktor... its just not going to happen.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ahhh stamina...my previous distributed client.....i worked on for over 4 years.:D :p

I have been on this one only one year...and the one I was working on came to a conclusion.

Oh Gnerrrrrrma, have you looked in your rear view mirror today? This 18 wheeler is right on your bumper. :cool: You better pick up the pace or you will get run down. :D So far this week I've outproduced you by almost 3000 points.

This has been mildly worded rebuttal smacktalk.

Gnerma said:
Why should I go through all the effort to turn those rigs on if mudd can't outproduce me now :shrug: I'm a merciful man you know :p

Well, Its not mercy you need now :eek: Your gonna get squished :shrug: wheres your borg now :eh?:

Oh my I hear a lot of chattering ninnies saying something about outfolding me. Ok, so I had a bad day a couple days ago. Do you really want me to turn the 5 prescott's back on though? *shakes his head* you must love pain mudd.

hey new to this part of the forums....

what is the point of all these machines and power consumption, and having children involed ??

points ?? is that where it starts and ends ??

just curious

our project

It starts with letting this proggie run in the background, using up the wasted cycles of your computer. It ends with the knowledge of how proteins fold and misfold, thus giving science a fighting chance to cure genetic diseases, at the genetic level. The points are just a "measure" of work produced.

Gnerma said:
Oh my I hear a lot of chattering ninnies saying something about outfolding me. Ok, so I had a bad day a couple days ago. Do you really want me to turn the 5 prescott's back on though? *shakes his head* you must love pain mudd.

All I can say is Bring it, Gnerma! I so do love a challenge and right now you aren't even that. :p :beer:

I just wish that walmart.dom sold a decent selection of computer components so I could use the free walmart gift cards I keep getting as bonuses for computer stuff instead of more mundane things like food and gas. You used to be able to cash them in but walmart stopped doing that.

I think I'll build one mATX Dothan folding/HTPC rig this fall. If it works out, I'll build some more early next year. Lots more :D

That X2 rig I wanted will just have to wait a little longer. It might replace my Xeon as that thing is a real power hungry system. I literally used it to heat my bedroom last winter LOL.

muddocktor said:
All I can say is Bring it, Gnerma! I so do love a challenge and right now you aren't even that. :p :beer:

I just wish that walmart.dom sold a decent selection of computer components so I could use the free walmart gift cards I keep getting as bonuses for computer stuff instead of more mundane things like food and gas. You used to be able to cash them in but walmart stopped doing that.
Yeah I hear that :(

I have one and I couldn't find anything in the electronics section I couldn't get at the egg for half the price. Ended up getting shower curtains and a couple of DVD movies. BTW what's with all the full screen format DVDs at Walmart. It's hard to find widescreen in the bargain bin :p

Well Gnerma, you had a temporary repreive for today because of AC problems. I went in the computer room this afternoon and it was around 85° in there. My window unit in there was blowing warm air; it bit the dust. :bang head So I turned off most of the farm and went AC shopping. I ended up buying an 11,400 btu unit for a replacement and got it in late this afternoon. I let things cool down a bit and then slowly started booting the rigs back up; now I have everything back running. When I finally got the AC in and running, my P4 was up to 58° C and the Dothan rig was at 48° C, but both were still running strong.

Audio, the dump bin at the New Iberia Walmart is full of the widescreen movies. I guess it's just what people buy where you live; around here I think the full screen format movies sell more than the wide screen format. Also, I also agree with Wally about the Dothan/Sonoma rigs and using the CT-479 converter on the Asus boards. They really rock. The Dothan I got is not the best overclocker in the world, but will run at 2430 MHz and with the memory setting set to the 333 setting, my ram is presently at around 188 MHz. I do eventually want to get me a Sonoma 730 so I can do some high fsb action with this rig. I just need to find someone with a 1.6 Sonoma lappy that wants to swap for my 1.7 Dothan, which I tested on my mobo at 133 fsb with stock vcore and no problems. That way they can have a cheap upgrade to a 2.26 GHz machine and I can have a proc that will run 200 fsb or maybe better.

Blowing ACs for science, "Now Thats Folding"!

As Vern used to say to Ernest about heatpumps, "It pumped it's little guts out" LOL! Sorry about your AC, could have used a stack of the Wally cards (a big stack).

muddocktor said:
Well Gnerma, you had a temporary repreive for today because of AC problems. I went in the computer room this afternoon and it was around 85° in there. My window unit in there was blowing warm air; it bit the dust. :bang head So I turned off most of the farm and went AC shopping. I ended up buying an 11,400 btu unit for a replacement and got it in late this afternoon. I let things cool down a bit and then slowly started booting the rigs back up; now I have everything back running. When I finally got the AC in and running, my P4 was up to 58° C and the Dothan rig was at 48° C, but both were still running strong.

Audio, the dump bin at the New Iberia Walmart is full of the widescreen movies. I guess it's just what people buy where you live; around here I think the full screen format movies sell more than the wide screen format. Also, I also agree with Wally about the Dothan/Sonoma rigs and using the CT-479 converter on the Asus boards. They really rock. The Dothan I got is not the best overclocker in the world, but will run at 2430 MHz and with the memory setting set to the 333 setting, my ram is presently at around 188 MHz. I do eventually want to get me a Sonoma 730 so I can do some high fsb action with this rig. I just need to find someone with a 1.6 Sonoma lappy that wants to swap for my 1.7 Dothan, which I tested on my mobo at 133 fsb with stock vcore and no problems. That way they can have a cheap upgrade to a 2.26 GHz machine and I can have a proc that will run 200 fsb or maybe better.

Hey mudd.. You got the delux right? Isnt there a BIOS that will allow you to drop the muliplier? If you can drop the multi, you can fsb to your hearts content without getting a sonoma :)

I tried it, but it seems to me that the Dothans just don't like high fsb speeds. I never could get over about 155 fsb or so, the little I did try. Since I now got a Zalman on it, I may try to do some more experimenting with fsb speeds.

EDIT: I'm wondering if this problem might be similar to the problem the old KT133A boards that used a jumper to control 100/133 fsb speed had with running a 100 fsb Tbird at a 133 fsb or higher. It turned out that those boards would initialize using the multi that was hard coded on the proc before the bios started controlling the multi selected in bios, which would have the computer trying to initialize at too high a speed for the proc to boot at. This would explain why Dothans can't run a very high fsb speed.

mudddusted8eb.jpg

Back