• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Muddocktor... its just not going to happen.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice boost Gnerma!! That is some serious pointage youve been throwing up :attn:

Audio: The adapter suports 400 or 533. There is no 800 for it :/ But with that 730 you should be able to boot over 200 fsb and get some bandwidth back that way :D

So I'll have to get a 400 Dothan and run it 533 with the adaptor and then run the memory @ 800 through the 2:3 memory divider?

Gnerma, real nice ramp up in your points. Just remember, this is a marathon and not a sprint. If you happen to slow down, I'll be on you like stink on ...., well you know what I mean. :p

Audio, get you the Sonoma 730, which is the 533 fsb proc. Then you should be able to boot up with 200 X 12 (max multi of the 730) and then go from there. If I had bought a new proc I would have gotten the 730 myself. However, I got a hell of a deal on my 1.7/400 Dothan on ebay.

Is that Pentium-M 730 I linked the Sonoma 730?

I think I'm getting what you are saying about booting up at 200/800. If you can boot the mobo 200, the 200 is what gets pumped through the CT-479 to the CPU even if its jumper set to 133.

Yeah Gnerma, you're kicking 'A'. I wish I had the bux to build ten Dothan rigs right now as I'm getting tired of getting stepped back down right after weeks of hard won progress. I'm still doing OK considering I'm hanging on in the top 50 with only 5 processors.

Looks like I'll always pass a falling sprinter just as the next power folder takes me back down a position.

Now where did that sprint-marathon saying come from? :p

marathon is right lol I just checked my stats went up +711 rank slots in 7 days...peeps fall outta the fold but I'll plug along as best I can :attn:

:atta: woot got 4 boxes running now :)

3 in windoze and testing out the ocfoldix linux Knoppix install on the latest one. sweet thing is I can monitor all of them on my main in EMIII

AlabamaCajun said:
Smoked Coon!

Sorry mudd, looks like you're getting smoked by gnerma. Better open a can-o-woop***!

Can't do any more than I presently am, AC. I don't have access to a bunch of machines to borg that someone else is paying the electric bill for, like Gnerma. However, my production isn't contingent on someone else telling me if I can fold or not on corporate or school machines either. I've seen how just 1 buttwipe at a company can screw up a person's borged computers with a company. That happened to one of the (used to be) main producers for the Short Media Team. This 1 idiot complained that folding was "making his computer so slow" and he had to take the client off all the company machines. :rolleyes:

Yeah, don't get me started on that one :argue: :bang head
On the other hand, I've focused more on my personal folding farm and have it whipped into decent shape and have plans to replace nodes with more powerful ones now.

KingFish

was digging into my silicon graveyard and found alot of older stuff 2 pII chips some mem sticks cd drives lan cards sound cards, old vid cards shessshhhh...it all just seem to pile up in the closet.

Now I gotta convince my better half I need to put these things in a case and a mother board :)
(actually probably donate the stuff to AAR) can build 2 gig ramdrive linux machines pretty cheap and stick a usb pendrive in them big enough to cover the ramdrive .

any suggestions/comments on a decent price:performance ratio on 1.8-2.2 gig "Farm" systems?

muddocktor said:
I don't have access to a bunch of machines to borg that someone else is paying the electric bill for, like Gnerma.
You seem a bit bitter about that old man :D Don't worry though, I might lose a lot of my production any day now.

Most of the points coming in to my username are the result of 10 2.8 Prescotts /w DDR2 folding QMDs 24/7. Right now they're all turning in together at around 2am. It really is amazing how many more ppd these nicely configured P4s are producing compared to my rag tag folding farm at home which is currently made up of 4 various 24/7 boxes. When I lose those Prescotts (and I will lose them) my daily average will drop back to around 2k ppd which of course means staying ahead of your farm will take some effort.

Yeah, that's the bad part about borged rigs. You can never tell when you will lose them from your production. It must be nice while you have them though. I'm not bitter, just jealous. :D

Dunno if a farm would be better than a borg after this hurricane comes our way muddock. First I lose a heck of a borg, next could lose the whole damned farm (plus house and all personal possessions). Can't win for anything on this deal eh?

Yeah, you got that right, KF. I'm definitely keeping an eagle eye out on Rita, that's for sure. I guess where it comes in at will depend on what that high pressure area in Texas does.

Back