• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So i don't know what card to buy...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArchangelM

Registered
I have talked about this before but, i need more questions answered.
Ok, I'm looking at either 9600xt or 9800pro both radeon.
I need help deciding which card to buy and which brand to buy. I don't know ATI i'm really more of an Nvidia fan but I like the ATI prices better...
so any suggestions would be cool.

Definatly the 9800 pro. You will see a HUGE performance difference in every single game you play.

When I had my old pc, I had a 128 mb DDR 9600 XT. Loved it, could play HL2 in med / high settings at 1024x768. Sadly, my old pc broke and I'm stuck with this new pci only tower.

But yeah, obviously as the card itself goes up, the performance will increase, I cannot imagine the perfomance on a 9800 pro.

I would go for the 9800PRO since it will give you more performance for not much more money. My friends 9800PRO handles bf2 at low/medium/high (It varies) with a Pentium 4 2.53 processor, which is way worse then yours.

i would consider the 9800pro 256 version and attempt to softmod it :) there isnt too much of a price difference between the 2, IMO, so might as well get the 9800pro but thats just me ^^

i upgraded to a 9800pro from a 9550se. and i had performance boost. but i expected more :p now i flashed it to XT and OC it to 430/365 and i get 7077 3dmarks03 so id go for the 9800 pro ^^

No contest ...

9600XT= 4 pieplines
9800P = 8 pipelines

Get the 9800P ;)

Back