• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tyreal said:
wow. huh. guess sunbeam addressed the problem. i might just buy one now.

I guess I should admit that since I personally don't read everything published on teh Inertnet, I could have missed a few things. ;)

I did hear about one problem with some of the early Sunbeam units: a high-pitched whine when running.
I heard about this when I got my first one, but it was fine, and shortly thereafter I heard of no new incidents.

And that has to have been a year or more ago. Probably more. :D

I'd recommend getting either the mCubed T-Balancer. You can see a review over at here at Silent PC Review. The PCI version of this costs $93 Australian.

If this costs too much and you're patient then Sunbeam will soon be releasing their kockoff of the mCubed product which you can view here..

Sunbeam being who they are will bring this tech down into an affordable price range (say $30-$40 Australian). :p

millhouse said:
So does this mean once its gone its gone for good??? I wont be ordering my parts until christmas.
I have no idea, but that's gotta be the best price I've ever seen for it, so, for me, now would be the time to buy if possible.

They're probably discontinuing it because they now have newer and better products which the competition isn't even offering at affordable prices (see mylast post)

mjw21a said:
They're probably discontinuing it because they now have newer and better products which the competition isn't even offering at affordable prices (see mylast post)
I don't think it's going to be discontinued. No matter how many other products Sunbeam comes up with, the plain old rheobus is a staple product that many will continue to want. I think Mwave got a great deal on a bunch of them and passed the savings on to their customers but when they run out of the the ones they got the deal on they'll have to raise the price.

MVC said:
I don't think it's going to be discontinued. No matter how many other products Sunbeam comes up with, the plain old rheobus is a staple product that many will continue to want. I think Mwave got a great deal on a bunch of them and passed the savings on to their customers but when they run out of the the ones they got the deal on they'll have to raise the price.

I think your explanation makes a lot more sense than mine did. ;)

wow! only 4 fans connected at the moment but the difference is amazing. Even at full they are quiter and I can make the system almost silent with 4 120mm fans.

any thoughts on connecting some uv cold cathodes to this as well (3 fans on the first, 2 on each of the second and the cold cathodes on the third?)

We told you that you would like it. As long as you don't exceed the 20 watt per channel limit you should be okay with any configuration you want.

I love my sunbeam. It works geat and it even survived me shorting it out by accident the other day.

i to have a sunbream it works great, its one of the only controllers i could find to power my 120mm, 160cfm, 19.2 watt beasts

Back