• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkresh

I need a fan controller (or two) for 7 panaflow ultra high speed 115cfm fans. I have a superflower sf-609 in one system and that works great but I didnt want to buy 2 so I bought a noise isolator (which can control 6) and it is terrible. Fans make a lot more noise then the the noisemaster. Any suggestions?

I have used the Sunbeam controller and really liked them. 20W per channel is usually enough for most people but I suspect your HUGE fans will be limited to 1 fan per channel. The controller has 4 outputs so you'll need 2 controllers or something else to add to use with the sunbeam.

Another vote for the Sunbeams-

Great controllers and I have yet to use a 12volt fan that I couldn't run two of per channel on one safely. :)

Yeah, I have two sunbeams (black and silver) and they both work great. The only complaint is the usual...LED's are VERY bright. However, there have been mods posted here to fix that.

Im thinking about buying one of those sunbeam fan controllers as well but i am scared.

I heard from some other online forum that it caught on fire! a few other people have had the same problem as well.

So... yea. just be careful.

Tyreal said:
Im thinking about buying one of those sunbeam fan controllers as well but i am scared.

I heard from some other online forum that it caught on fire! a few other people have had the same problem as well.

So... yea. just be careful.

I have had two of the Sunbeams, which were in use constantly for quite a long time.
Only reason I just have one now is that since I wasn't using the other, I gave it to a friend.

Neither had a single problem, ever.

I just bought a Sunbeam to tame my new Delta Tri-Blade and my Vantec tornado. Unfortunatly I havent gotten it or computer parts to test it with. I hear they are great just the LEDs are extremly bright.

One of my two sunbeams has been running for about 8 months pretty much non-stop (turn off PC on vacations and during storms) and I have never had ANY problems with it either.

hope so, after the debacle that is the noise isolator (would be better to not use a fan controller then this one) could just be a bad product but it doesnt give me any confidence in them

rogerdugans said:
Another vote for the Sunbeams-

Great controllers and I have yet to use a 12volt fan that I couldn't run two of per channel on one safely. :)

Completely agree.

I rember reading about a person breaking the part where the molex connector goes and theirs caught on fire.

Back