• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What graphics card should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tiffer

Registered
Hi all, ive just signe dup to this forum. Can any one tell me what Graphics card i should get im looking to spend around £150 -200 im running a AMD athlon 3200+ with 1024 ram and currently got a 5200 128mb in and is bottle necking badling!!

regards

Chris

:welcome: TO THE FORUMS

You should be able to get 6800GT in a few days for a cheap $$$ tag since they will drop the prices soon as the 7800GT's come out.

RedDragonXXX said:
:welcome: TO THE FORUMS

You should be able to get 6800GT in a few days for a cheap $$$ tag since they will drop the prices soon as the 7800GT's come out.

haha you changed your tune about this pretty quick huh ? :p

hmm, does anyone know when the prices are going to drop, because i also have a 5200 128mb, which video card should i get. I am playing bf2 and want to get at least medium graphics and i dont really want to spend more then 350cnd.

I play medal of honour spearhead/breakthrough, i know they are old games, i just need a newer G/card incase a new game takes my fancy!

regards

Chris

Yep, the 6800GT should be fine for all current games that would run on med/high settings. Something like the 7800GTX would guarantee you to run at max settings without OCing, but who cares about that if we can save $200 and OC the 6800GT to run at max settings now.

I would go with a 6800gt. My bro plays MOHAA and it runs fine on his Ti4200. I would just go with the 6800gt because it can play all of these modern games decently, and when it can't you can just get a new card, or run them in sli possibly.

well i am agp, didn't want to get a new graphics card 6months ago when i upgraded to a new proccesor. So i am stuck with agp.

I think that 6800 (not GT or Ultra) will be the best card 4 u sistem, because your AXP 3200+ isn't very good for better videocards...
P.S. Your processor overclocked?
P.P.S Sorry for my bad english - a'm from russia :)

Last edited:
you should think about PCIE if you are going to spend that ammount of money. anything under £100 and stick with AGP. over £100 go for PCIE... all you will need is a new mobo. keep your processor ram etc.. just get new vid card and mobo with pciE, be future proof!

lots of people will disagree but thats my 2p.

Get a 6800GT / 7800GT and clock it to ultra speeds.. you will need a new PSU though chris because the latest nvid cards drink up your power.

Back