• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP Turion Dual-Core Business laptop (need more info)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daegon

Tiger Direct has a series of HP business laptops that satisfy the majority of my requirements, does anyone know anything about the nx6125 series?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1460970&CatId=1902

My big concerns are weight, size, dedicated graphics (for very light gaming) and support/longevity. This laptop, while looking plain, in an IBM sort of way, really appeals to me, but I have heard nothing about them. Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

Not quite sure where you got the "Dual-Core" from; the Turion is a single-core processor.

I picked up a Turion 3000+ ultra-lightweight (1.6 kilo) in Bangkok last month and it spanks the heck out of my Intel P4 2.8ghz desktop replacement machine. Turions are, IMHO, fantastic little processors.

The HP seems middle of the road for weight, but the price is right. The integrated X300 should keep up with "light gaming". HP support, likewise is middle of the road, but for the price, it looks like a decent machine. Check out Tiger Direct before buying; I'm not sure if they've cleaned up their act, but they had a pretty rotten rep a few years ago...

Tiger Direct seems to think that turion is a dual-core platform. I now see that they are mistaken.
And don't worry about TigerDirect's rep. I do not intend to purchase from them, but it was where I first found the model.

Thanks for the info by the way.

I have to recommend a Pentium M laptop over the Turion. Although it seems the Turion is a decent little processor, the Pentium M really stands out among mobiles, and will give you great performance and battery life.

At 6lbs, it is a bit on the heavy size. If you plan to carry it around, look for something lighter. You will probably also find your battery life is on the shorter side (2-3 hours).

The X300 is adequate for light gaming, but its not a dedicated solution as it shares your main memory.

Back