• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need Lego's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I rember when I entered some of my creations into the texas state fair. I got bumped down to "honerable mention" because they were "too good for a kid this young to have made them" :bang head Accept L33t skills when you see them! :santa: Seriously though... I should upload pics of my various creations to my website...

ryufreak said:
Yah, i'm already there, so I'm not really going far. I'm going to orlando to be exact. It's more of a get away than anything else. Hopefully I can actually relax, instead of running all over the place like I usually do.

Oh and I am bringing my laptop and Sidekick II (awesome for AIM'ing), so I'll still have net access, so i'll be checking those PM's people!!! :D

woor!!! sidekick rocks! Thats how I stay in touch with the fourms during class. sadly, I still have the first one. :(

you are right, I dislike Spam, too. But, for some reason, I got addicted to Spam musubis when I lived there.

What part of the state do you live? I spent 6 years on Oahu. Kaaawa, Waimanalo, and upper Kalihi.

You should probably save the LEGOs for the Freak. :D

steve

NNNNooooo steve stole my lego donators :( hahaha dayam... I used to live in Kapolei on oahu, but NOOoo damn you steve, you're like a ninja :D. I miss zippy's n L&L's :D

ryufreak said:
NNNNooooo steve stole my lego donators :( hahaha dayam... I used to live in Kapolei on oahu, but NOOoo damn you steve, you're like a ninja :D. I miss zippy's n L&L's :D

There are a couple of L&Ls here, and in Las Vegas. Not the same stuff, but almost. Had laulau, and kalua pig, a couple weeks ago. Brings back memories! My brother thought it was "interesting." He really didn't like the laulau.

Oh, Kapolei really isn't Hawaii, but Hawaii is only ten minute drive away. :D Always reminded me of an upper-end bedroom community, with no personality. Except for the coconut palms, it could be Scottsdale Az. (Scottsdale has date palms, not coconut.)

steve

Kapolei is soo hawaii... It's the second major city of oahu, and once it's built up (still being built up), it'll be as big as honolulu. My mother still has a house there, and it's worth somewhere around 700k now :D When she cashes in on it, I hope she donates me some because i'm poor :( I can't even afford lego's :(

Oh yea! I love LEGOS - used to have somewhere close to 2k pieces during late 70s. I once built a huge jet airplane at 3 feet nose to tail with its wing span at about 2 ft. Landing wheels was the toughest part to do, so I ended up doing Russian-style, lol!

Sold them all away in a yardsale about 20 years ago! Having seen in eBay now, I wished I'd kept them! :bang head

I made a lego case for my server a while back. Still runs great and most compact case I have ever seen. Underneath the mobo is a big road plate then beneath that is the PSU, HDD and CDROM drives.

Pics:
IMG_5168.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

I like it!!

NF7, and LEGOs!

Next, you need water cooling. :D:D

steve

Hah, it gets plenty cooling with just a HS and fan. ill get a pic of that up sometime. Right now its got a 1700+ running at 2.21 ghz and never rises above 50c.

AlabamaCajun said:
http://www.bricklink.com/
Place to get you Danish Brick Fix!

Another source is KMart and Wallmart for the 1000 piece tub, just look for the brick only or figure in all the windows and roof parts.

OMG YOU ROCK!! I just bought 800 orange 2x2 for 20 bucks!! w00t. Gonna buy some more now

edit: I just bought 800 2x4 yellow blocks for 30 bucks :D I'm going wild

If you have a LEGO Store near you, they sell bricks in bulk.

Hmmm...I need to come up with a case for a Linux box...maybe I'll raid the storage unit when I go home over Christmas (milk crate full of Legos somewhere).

There are generic brands of the same types of blocks. I think one was called megablocks. They were dirt cheap compared to legos and were compatible with a variety of clear blocks for that much needed window. ;)

How do you guys keep the blocks from coming apart? You super glue those puppies?

JT

JT said:
They were dirt compared to legos!!!!!

So, one of my Ebay orders was megablocks, after being listed as LEGOs. The guy sent me a message telling me, that they might be not LEGOs. When they arrived, and were in fact, megablocks, I asked the guy if he wanted them back, or just wanted me to throw the trash away? He said to just throw them away. He refunded my money, without me even complaining.

JT said:
How do you guys keep the blocks from coming apart? You super glue those puppies?

We use LEGOs!

steve

Back