• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 -> P4P800SE flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lat

this has probably be mentioned before somewhere in Sjaak's big dothan thread, but yup, a plain 'ol vanilla p4p800 can be bios flashed to a p4p800se

even if you have a vanilla p4p800 and but don't want a dothan, there's still pros to flashing:
1: More memory divider options (You can choose between 266/320/400/500/533Mhz dividers)
2: Extra CPU tweaks (C1E state and Thermal Management control options in BIOS).
3: Slightly enhanced ASUS hyperpath.

how to -
1. grab the latest se BETA bios (1009.004) off the asus ftp
2. grab this copy of the AFUDOS flash utility
3. unzip both, put onto floppy, boot into dos via boot disk, and use this command line to flash: afudos /i1009.004 /n /pbnc
you MUST use that command line or it'll kill your p4p800; that flashes the Boot Block and the rest of the BIOS-ROM (remember we are changing the identity of the motherboard so the entire BIOS ROM has to be flashed)
4. be happy

i've done this flash and it works fine...a bit of a performance increase too (for my p4)

credit goes to some other guy at some other forum...dunno if i'm allowed to mention more, so i'll leave it at that :p

Are there any spaces in that command line?
It looks like maybe there is after or in front of tha slash /

By the way nice info, Im looking at going Dothan after having been building nothing but AMD fora few years. Im no fanboy though Im just a performance **** and Ill go with whoever puts out, I mean performs better, LOL.

Wardog

wardog50 said:
Are there any spaces in that command line?
It looks like maybe there is after or in front of tha slash /

By the way nice info, Im looking at going Dothan after having been building nothing but AMD fora few years. Im no fanboy though Im just a performance **** and Ill go with whoever puts out, I mean performs better, LOL.

Wardog

goes like this:

afudosSPACE/i1009.004SPACE/nSPACE/pbnc

Lat said:
this has probably be mentioned before somewhere in Sjaak's big dothan thread, but yup, a plain 'ol vanilla p4p800 can be bios flashed to a p4p800se

even if you have a vanilla p4p800 and but don't want a dothan, there's still pros to flashing:
1: More memory divider options (You can choose between 266/320/400/500/533Mhz dividers)
2: Extra CPU tweaks (C1E state and Thermal Management control options in BIOS).
3: Slightly enhanced ASUS hyperpath.

how to -
1. grab the latest se BETA bios (1009.004) off the asus ftp
2. grab this copy of the AFUDOS flash utility
3. unzip both, put onto floppy, boot into dos via boot disk, and use this command line to flash: afudos /i1009.004 /n /pbnc
you MUST use that command line or it'll kill your p4p800; that flashes the Boot Block and the rest of the BIOS-ROM (remember we are changing the identity of the motherboard so the entire BIOS ROM has to be flashed)
4. be happy

i've done this flash and it works fine...a bit of a performance increase too (for my p4)

credit goes to some other guy at some other forum...dunno if i'm allowed to mention more, so i'll leave it at that :p

the links are dead...can you update...is this worth the effort?

I have asked too about the -VM boards being flashable to non-VM and so far have had no luck on an answer. Im too poor to sacrifice a board if it indeed will not flash.

Z

Same here I have no backup board in case something happens so I cant try sadly... Unless I get some gonads haha

snowboardin58 said:
can I flash my p4p800-e deluxe to beta p4p800-se? I need an unlocked multiplier

Your p4p8000-e deluxe has a bios that will unlock the mulitplier . Im sure that bios 107 and maybe a couple before that. If you have the right processor, im sure the 3.4e will because I used one in mine for a while and I think the 3.2e will as well.

Chum said:
the links are dead...can you update...is this worth the effort?
ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4p800-se/ for the bios
i don't know about the link to that specific version of afudos...but yeah, maybe you'll find one that works, just make sure it accepts the command to overwrite the boot block too

DDR-PIII said:
You can't unlock the multi on Intel chips.
lies! my dothan disagrees :p

Back