• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x850xt PCI-E Overclocks? Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ROH

So I've been running my Sapphire x850 for a couple days now at stock and was thinking of overclocking it a bit! I figure I've been patient enough! ;)

So I started looking around but there is not alot of info on what type of overclocks people are getting with it. Now it is fair to say I could be blind and have read past almost all the threads out there that tell me what people are getting but sofar only about 6 or 7 threads with paltry info have shown themselves useful.

I'm just trying to get a handle on how many people are running these and how much overclock you are getting and what your running temps are at!

I did a couple quick tests with mine sofar and there are a couple very important things to consider.

1) The default fan on the Sapphire card is LOUD!!!!!!!!!!! especially once it gets over about 50%! Are other x850 cards like this??

2) at stock as soon as this card gets a bit of load underneath it it jumps in temps FAST! I mean it was hitting 72+ degrees using the defaulted fan settings. once I installed ATT and put the fan on max I was able to reduce this quite a bit, BUT as stated above the fan is LOUD!!!!

What is considered an average load temp for this beast?

3) Would installing an ATI Silencer Rev 5. work on this card? I'm being lazy with this one, as I could just look it up! ;) If so, does anyone notice a temp improvement or is using the default fan better for temps even though it's..LOUD!!!!

ok thats about it for my questions sofar. :)

Sorry about the loud bit, but DANG I was a bit surprised when I heard it kick it into high gear for the first time! LOL!

O.

Funny how your posting this now. I was just messing with mine as well. My Temps got really high. I have stock cooling as well. Just wanted to see what I can do and I didnt go far. LOL. I am new too and I didnt want to risk anything so I placed it back into Default 540/590 - I got a Visiontek Xtasy x850xt PE.

the PE has been clocked a bit higher then the standard x850 as well. Mine @ stock is 520/540. I've been smashing video cards for a while, but this is my first foray into the x850 class. I was a bit disappointed with the x800xl that I still have in my sig. had NO overclock potential at all! :( So, I put it in the wifes machine! LOL.

O.

:bang head - I think I just need some cooling. Just read the other guys posting about 600/600 clocking in stock cooling. But then again his room was 70F degrees.. HOW DO YOU dress in that kind of temperature at home? Freaking COLD!

70 is not cold in the house. At night my dad's basement gets to 60F! The air conditioner runs because it gets in 80's upstairs during the day. The attic is 110F.

A lot of overclocking with the stock cooler is about ambient temps. At 100F you probably won't get above stock. At 70F you will overclock considerably, and if you go below 32F you are super cooling and will get great clocks. You could have an awesome cooler but if you run it outside in the sun you will get **** poor overclocks. Run it outside in the winter and you'll be very pleased.

Agreed however when it gets past 75 degrees in my house I turn the AC down.. especially after a couple hours in 75 Degrees.... Question- Does a artic Cooler work THAT great for the x850xt's ??

Back