• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x700 vs. x700Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iNSiGMA

- What are your feelings on the x700 vs. x700Pro?

Trying to get a solid system and need video to go w/ it. I currently pack a Radeon 9700Pro in my AGP system. It has served me very well. But I want atlest that performance from my next system. Help me out!

I don't remember the price difference between the two cores, but it's considerable enough in my situation. So I'm asking.

IIRC the x700 is about the same as the 9700 Pro, so if you don't mind your performance staying the same, it should be a solid choice. The x700 Pro is slightly better than the x700 and costs slightly more. If you want to improve your graphics performance with this upgrade I would recommend going for the x700 Pro.

plus if you get the correct one you can ocing to x700xt levels, seeing they never released it and most were just rebadged as x700pros

I don't know, and X800SE may serve you better. Similar clocks when overclocked but with a 256-bit memory bus. I don't think it is much more. Get that or a 6600gt if you want performance better than what you currently have. Otherwise an X700 will suffice because they are pretty cheap.

the x700 is better than the 9700, consideraly better, like 20%. the x700pro is only about 5-10% better than the np. But i'd go for a x800np for $170 its worth the differnce.

Back