• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like one or two might have different coolers, but otherwise they're all the same. Should be almost the exact same card, though some might have an R360 core and others might have an R350. No way to tell that without buying the card though.

the r360 is the core the 9800XT uses. if u have a 9800pro with a r360 core. u can flash the bios to the 9800XT. then u have a performance difference. the card then uses the shader stuff the 9800XT uses. wich is better and about 300points more in 3dmark03 :) i flashed my 9800pro to XT and no trouble sofar ... :)

Other than the ability to flash and unlock the extra "shader stuff," the performance is identical. Overclocking is pretty similar too. R360 is nice (I got lucky and have one) but the R350 won't hurt you either.

Back