• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SiS 635 Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theflyingrat

Has anyone had any experiences with the ECS P6S5AT motherboard? It has the SiS 635 SDR/DDR chipset and supposedly fully supports the Tualatin CPUs - I was just wondering if they turned out to be any good. One site lists them for only $44. I know they're probably not the greatest overclockers boards, but one of these plus a new 1.2 Celeron surely would make a good, cheap, fun machine. Thanks for any input!

SIS chipsets have a reputation for being... well... cheap. I guess that's as kind as I can be. They have recently began building higher quality chipsets and are trying to improve their reputation, but personally, I'd wait a little longer to see how they hold up in the long run. I'd rather pay a little extra for proven quality. However, for only $44, it might be worth giving it a try, assuming that motherboard model you're looking at has overclocking friendly features such as adjustable FSB and voltage. But hey, it's your cash.

this is the article i read, but i don't have one - am trying to make up my mind now on the system i get................i will base it on the motherboard and not necessarily the processor cuz memory/speed are going hand-in-hand ............

http://www.anandtech.com/chipsets/showdoc.html?i=1541

don't know if you've read this one................

Back