• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bombed out X800Pro Unlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kraftmayo

So we unlocked the 4 pipes on my friend's ATI x800Pro, no VIVO. Aside from Windows only wanting to boot into safe mode, and artifacting like a rainbow, it works great.

We know how and that we have to undo what we did, but just for ****s and giggles, we want to know if we did manage to unlock all 4 pipes. Rivatuner and ATI tool wont work in safe mode, so we need another option.

Any ideas?

No, it wasna non-VIVO card so we had to do some scraping and conductive painting to the lower right of the core.

The artifacting makes me want to think we unlocked the pipes.

Of course you unlocked the pipes. That is what happens in anything that the pipes are messed up on.

I got that part, I was just looking for a more solid confirmation that we got them all.

I know the pipes are crippled, and the card's back to normal now, but still, it would have been nice to see that 16x1 staring us in the face.

The hardmod was easy.

We scraped at the connections a little, traced it with conductive paint, and away we were.

The paint is acetone based, so we got a little nail polish remover and the stuff came right off, card works great.

Good luck.

Back