• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJ

Ive done this before I have 2 formated raptors I put them in the ultra d sata 1 and 2 I enabled raid in the bios i f10 created raid array but when i go into fdisk to format they dont show up any ideas?? on whats going on??.... :bang head :bang head :bang head :shrug:

Are the drivers installing from the floppy (F6 you meant)? What OS are you trying to install, and what drivers are you using?

Sucka said:
Are the drivers installing from the floppy (F6 you meant)? What OS are you trying to install, and what drivers are you using?

well im not even that far yet.......the hdd show up as a healthy raid in bios but not when I try to format them as a raid o with the fdisk option.....its only showing up as 1 36g disk

UPDATE: I got it to work had to load windows 98 first then xp dunno why but it worked...

Last edited:
I guess you got it figured out, but your explanation is vague.

In the future, enable RAID on the SATA ports you want, go into F10 option and create the array which should be peice of cake as long as the drive are both installed, then when entering windows setup hit F6, when prompted install drivers, and presto you're on your way.

Reason i asked what version is because on Windows 2000 (pre SP4 iirc) you install F6 drivers ect and when you get to the part where you make partitions, it will see no drives. Also issues with RAID and x64 as well.

Back