• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which case should I get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkitt10

alright im building an amd 64 system which will be attending some lanpartys and the such

now im looking for a nice clean cut case much like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112024

my budget is like from 80 -110 american dollars (im canadian)

so ya if u have any recommendations on a clean cut case please let me know

i was looking at the super lanboy but I really hate the blue thing on the front

weight doesnt matter TOO TOO much just size is more a factor...thanks!

dkitt10 said:
alright im building an amd 64 system which will be attending some lanpartys and the such

now im looking for a nice clean cut case much like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112024

my budget is like from 80 -110 american dollars (im canadian)

so ya if u have any recommendations on a clean cut case please let me know

i was looking at the super lanboy but I really hate the blue thing on the front

weight doesnt matter TOO TOO much just size is more a factor...thanks!

Its not as sleek as the lian li, but the antec slk3000b might do what you want, and its cheap. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129152

well no, like I love blue, like that will be my lighting scheme just that ice cube square design thing I hate...

that thermaltake viking...the design isnt too bad...it doesnt scream ugly ... how does the lcd work...is there temperature things i have to place or what?

I own a Lian Li PC-65 and I think its a fantastic case. If you are looking for a case that is very attracted, in a more reserved sort of way then Lian Li cases are what you are looking for. IMHO they look far more attractive in person than in pictures. They don't shout out "HEY LOOK AT ME!" like some cases do, but their looks never get old.

Also I should add that this case is an absolute dream to work on. I have built plenty of machines on junky steel cases with sharp edges, cramped interiors and no slide out trays or drive bays and after working on a case like this one it makes you wonder why its so hard for other companies to get it right like this.

Now that is not to say this is the only great case out there. The Antec case that Alchemy1 posted is also a great case. It is not aluminum and does not have the slide out motherboard tray, but it is very well designed and is a steal at that price.

yes the slk3000b is looking like a winner...how hard is the material for cutting a window in?

im reading reviews on the super lanboy, and they all say it looks better in real life...can any one relate...?

Last edited:
Here is a link to a thread where somone put a window in their SLK3000B. The member's name is Dukeman...maybe he can help you out with your question.

well sorry bacon the ones u posted werent exactly what i had in mind, thanks for the post though

i think im going to go with the SLK3000B and do a window mod like dukeman's thanks for the post!

definetly buy a Lian Li ,the cases are made extremely good and are easy to mod

Attachments

• left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 86
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 83
personal pet peeves but why are they still making cases without slide out mobo trays and driver cages? and for the love of God why can't they standardize the front panel connectors? :shrug:

sorry, been searching for a cheapish case the last few days myself...

tic01:

Beautiful mobo rear!!

Go for the lili.

Here's mine... (b&w night shot so you can't see my scratches/dirty window!!)

IMG_1714-2.jpg

Back