• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raj Mahal

Registered
Hey all,

I'm thinking about ditching my cheap powmax case for something a bit better. I thought it was cool about a month ago, but after looking at all the cases online I realized there are much better looking ones. Anyways, I'm on a budge tof around $100 (give or take 20, shipping doesn't count.......so I guess up to around $150 w/ shipping). It can be a mid-tower or full tower (although I could use the room of a full tower). It needs a side panel, so I can show off my insides. I'd also like a top exhaust, as the powmax is lacking that, and I think that is important. Fans included are always good. I don't need a PSU because I have the fortron bluestorm. Any suggestions? Thanks!

That's a really nice case, but it is a tad plain for my style. If I had the money I'd probably go the the anniversary edition lian-li, yeah the one everyone hates. I mean couldn't we all use a oversized conch shell in our bedroom?

On a more serious note, has anyone had any experience with the Thermaltake Xaser V Damier V5000D? If you take a look at it, you'll get an idea of what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help so far and more suggestions are appreciated! :)

My friend has it and I think it's really ugly with the checkerboard pattern in the front. The thing is also heavy as ****. It weighed more than my other friend's P180. The front panel controller is also pretty hard to wire.

wtf? I didn't even notice the checkered design. wow that is vomit-inducing. good looking out!

How about the Xaser III?

Last edited:
Back