• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 7800GT vs 7800 GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rvvae

Howdy,

Question for the fellas that have the 7800 GTs and am wondering how well is performs in SLI. Been thinking of going for the GTs instead of the GTXs as I read quite a few reviews on both the GTXs and GTs. Any insight as to how well it performs, cooling and power requirements would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RVV-AE

Have you run a GeForce 7800GT on your computer? Appears you haven't. I'm asking only those that have it please. It's much easier than relying on improper for false information. Thanks for the input anyways.

Sincerely,
RVV-AE

rvvae said:
Have you run a GeForce 7800GT on your computer? Appears you haven't. I'm asking only those that have it please. It's much easier than relying on improper for false information. Thanks for the input anyways.

Sincerely,
RVV-AE
Its not 'false' information. Even a single 7800GT can bottleneck if the rest of the system isn't up to par. I'd go for atleast a highly overclocked 3700 or 4000 san diego if you want to run them in SLI..

Vulcan is right. The GPUs are going to be bottlenecked. You will see a big performance leap but probably not the most they can give you. As for power I would say a good 500w PSU will do.

Back