• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 - good graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think i will go for the LE then, as you say, going up from a 5600- which i have to say i can run doom 3 on medium pritty dam smooth amazinly should be good improvments, i wonder what it would be like in 3 years time...........will my 6800LE be right at the bottem end? - who cares for now, just need to save a bit more first

hello all, just thought i would get your comments on this card

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/GeForce_6800.html
scrow down to items 2 and 3, which one should i get/ what do you think is better, shall i go for the one with 12 pipes instead of the 8, or do they both have unclockable advantages, like the LE -leet edition thread? thank you
( not unlocked/ o/c a graphics card before, this is my range and decided on card, but which one is best?)

how is it it would become a bottleneck for it, is there a site with the requirements of a these cards?

timtooAMD said:
hello all, just thought i would get your comments on this card

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/GeForce_6800.html
scrow down to items 2 and 3, which one should i get/ what do you think is better, shall i go for the one with 12 pipes instead of the 8, or do they both have unclockable advantages, like the LE -leet edition thread? thank you
( not unlocked/ o/c a graphics card before, this is my range and decided on card, but which one is best?)

go for the 12 pipes, yeah, you MIGHT be able to unlock those, but with that few you never know =/

that and higher clocks stock definatly let you push it further, and most likely to 6800GT status :D

also that LE they show there seems to be more a 6600 then a 6800 =/

think maybe ile get the 325mhz one then

EDIT actually, im going to get the slightly slower/standard one at 300, as its cheaper and its what i could do with, it being cheaper and all, maybe i can get a few quid for my fx5600 on ebay.....maybe literaly just a few quid

Last edited:
and by the way, does anybody know where to find like the minmum requirements for these cards? i can't find them anywhere, all i have found is that a compatible AMD cpu is needed, which i have, but where are they?

well i wouldn't mind upgrading my PSU if i had too, i think its 350W and i have nrely all sockets used up, thank you for telling me Shard, maybe ile see u on BF2? im timbattlefield2

well, ive gone and done it, i decided to go for the XFX 6800GT duel DVI AGPx8 card, i spent £209 on it including delivery and VAT can't wait for it now, now my bank account it low again, have to work a bit more to fill it up, bu knowing my luck ile need new PSU as well, but i can afford one, but ile wait and see if i need it first
(and i do know that it will work with my rig, found other people with same specs and it works for them)

feel kinder guilty ive just spent so much money, but will update you what its like

i also ran 3dmark last night.....i thought i would do an accourate one so i ran my computer overnight as i ran everything 12times!!!!!!! thought to get a good result my settings were: 1024x 768
non maskable AA
and everything else on standard,
i got a score of 1600 or so, my highist score i ever got was 3000 but never got that again, normaly get 2224 quite often on 1024x768 rest on default, wonder what my score will be when new card arrives......and possibley when my new PSU if i need one

you will definatly love that card, its at defualt way more powerful, and just you watch, you will be able to easily run it at Ultra speeds, and the ultra just at stock is awsome :D

wish i ordeded it a week ago now, despirate for it, probs won't get it untill friday at earlist

timtooAMD said:
hello all, im thinking of uprading my card (fx5600) *embarrised look* and been thinking about maybe the 6800gt, i play bf2 alot now and need to run it all on low for smooth gameplay, if i was to get a 6800gt or there abouts, do u recon it would run pritty smoothly on medium/high? -cause that looks so sweet, just i have only a few fps on top settings

my budget is realisticly £130 but 6800gts are around £200 so do you know of any other cards that could do just as well......whats the 6800gt like?

Edit looking for a AGPx8 - don't have pci-e on my mobo Asus A7v8x-x

I run a 6800GT I run BF2 on high and runs real smooth.

~Mike

well i thought i would post my scores so people would know what i should be upgrading from, just ran 3d mark 01 03 05 and here are my results

these are all on the default settings for the tests (how they are when u download the free versons)

01 was 7000 something. did it yesterday and diddn't right it down, but its approx anyway
03 was 2224 and 2222 (did it twice)

05 was........wait for it 314!!!!!!!!!! -thought it would be even higher than that

hopefully the 6800GT will go up by just a tad, i must say even thought i mostly averaged out 0 FPS in 05 what i saw did look really impressive

Back