• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 - good graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no way me going A64, im a student now, so this is my pc for the next 3 years unless i win lottery or something but that PSU is running my
mobo + 2 fans from it
2 hdds
3 case fans
1 floppy
1 cd rw
and 6800GT which needs 300watt min
i wonder how its working? i can o/c the gt to 402/1008 so far as well

with that PSU you will never be able to OC anything the safe way.

hell if you just spend 40 bucks for a high quality 350w fortron or antec, it will be better

so what is the danger from me overclocking then? would it just shut down?

more likely overload the PSU, and either it will catch fire, or surge all your components, trust me, it happens more then you think, and its not even close to funny

I'm very surprised that your card is working, With your PSU only putting out 10a on the 12v rail. While it may be working now, IMO you are playing with fire and eventually you will get burned. I would get a quality PSU with a much higher 12v rail. Better to spend a little now, Then a lot later if your PSU does decide to blow. Your margin for error is pretty darn slim right now.

Get atleast a 350w, its what Nvidia says is required for the 6800GT. That right there is probably why you are getting low scores and underclocked memory.

but that one? which has ended nbow, but likely to come up again, that is 400watt though isn;t it?

timtooAMD said:
hello all, im thinking of uprading my card (fx5600) *embarrised look* and been thinking about maybe the 6800gt, i play bf2 alot now and need to run it all on low for smooth gameplay, if i was to get a 6800gt or there abouts, do u recon it would run pritty smoothly on medium/high? -cause that looks so sweet, just i have only a few fps on top settings

my budget is realisticly £130 but 6800gts are around £200 so do you know of any other cards that could do just as well......whats the 6800gt like?

Edit looking for a AGPx8 - don't have pci-e on my mobo Asus A7v8x-x

Forgive me if someone has said this but you might try looking at the vanilla 6800's or the 6600GT's. I bet by around christmas time the price fo 6800GT's will drop.

-already got 6800GT thought i should spend the money i have now and then struggle at uni, rather than not spend now, struggle, then not have enough money to by a new card

Back