• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 - good graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timtooAMD

hello all, im thinking of uprading my card (fx5600) *embarrised look* and been thinking about maybe the 6800gt, i play bf2 alot now and need to run it all on low for smooth gameplay, if i was to get a 6800gt or there abouts, do u recon it would run pritty smoothly on medium/high? -cause that looks so sweet, just i have only a few fps on top settings

my budget is realisticly £130 but 6800gts are around £200 so do you know of any other cards that could do just as well......whats the 6800gt like?

Edit looking for a AGPx8 - don't have pci-e on my mobo Asus A7v8x-x

Last edited:
6600gt or unlocked 6800le should run BF2 fine and fit your price range (I don't know about pounds, but both those cards are about $130US)

my rig is nearly identicle to yours and I've got a 6800le coming end of the week so if you want I'll let you know how it runs. I don't forsee any problems though.

SpaceyWilly said:
6600gt or unlocked 6800le should run BF2 fine and fit your price range (I don't know about pounds, but both those cards are about $130US)

my rig is nearly identicle to yours and I've got a 6800le coming end of the week so if you want I'll let you know how it runs. I don't forsee any problems though.
I agree use a 128mb 6800 and RIVATUNER to unlock the extra pipes and shader.It is easy to do.It should meet all you're needs and price range.

MassRaptor

I got a 6800nu oced to 430/860 12 pixel pipes and it runs bf2 1600x1200, effects medium, everything else high. One thing I notice is putting agp memory to 512mb helps alot for bf2. It seems pretty smooth to me.

XFX 6800GT does all the tricks.. bro with AGP at hand.. dont settle with mid-range.... go for high range as it will come in handy for the months to come....

SnieX

i agree with Sniex, get the 6800gt, i got a asus v9999gt which is a 6800gt core with 6800nu memory and i can run it at 1024x768 everything on high with no lag.

One thing I notice is putting agp memory to 512mb helps alot for bf2. It seems pretty smooth to me.

how is that done? im confused by what you mean, do you mean get a 512mb vid card? thought they were only 256 tops

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ile guess ile have to look at minimum requirements before i get it, ive not o/c a vid card before, but i suppose, as most people say, doing it a little bit doesn;t seem to be as dangerous as other equipment.

and being a student, just found out i got into uni yesterday (yay) means im gonner be skint whilst im there, so gonner see if i can get enought money to get good card that would last a while, my FX5600 works on pritty much everything at moment, but only just scrapes bf2 so i guess ile need something to keep me going

my FX5600 i got when i built my computer, so around 2/ish years ago, (card might have been around alot before then, i dunno)

and i guess no new games would be so high as to 6600gt, or 68 to be minimum requirements just yet, never had the pleasure of running things on high in anygame yet really except doom 3

I'm a student too and you really can't beat the 6800le for $125. I unlocked it to 12x1, 6vp and it runs BF2 fine at 1280x1024 and a mix of medium and high settings. It looks fantastic and runs great too.

Last edited:
that 6800LE will do great for you, dont worry about the CPU, it will have plenty of bandwidth to carry this card far, and worse case senario, you upgrade to A64 soon :D

Back