• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reliable jump drive suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gt24

Story time... a friend of mine had a Sandisk jump drive which failed pretty catastrophically... and bought another, which failed within a year... and then bought a Verbatum which failed within a month (luckly, there was a warantee replacement), which lead to another Verbatum which is still going, but less than 6 months old.

My Sandisk is about a year old... and just failed catastrophically tonight. Copying data lead to "cannot read from drive"... Ok... unmount (which it did), reboot... stick drive back in... "partition table corrupt"... try to format... "IOCTR command fail"... google... "jump drive is junk"... GRRRRR

Ok, can anybody suggest a jump drive that DOESN'T die in about a year!?!?! :bang head Seriously though, I want the most reliable jump drive companies of today so I can make an educated purchasing decision...

Strange. I've got a 512MB Sandisk Cruzer Micro that has held up very well. The write speed is kind of pokey, but I've run it through the washing machine twice and it survived, data intact. I think your failures show it isn't really endemic to one brand or another. Luck is a prerequisite no matter what the endeavor, and it appears you haven't benefitted from it with respect to flash drives.

Back