• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P2B 1.02 + Celeron 900?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skoorb

I'm new here, but figured this was the place to get a clear and definite answer on my question. I've decided to scrap the P2 in my mobo and get a new Celeron. I understand I have to update to the most recent bios for this mobo (1012). I do, however, still have a couple of questions:

1) Using a slotkit the P2B rev 1.02 is able to run C2's and P3s - BUT I am hearing conflicting stories about running the newer Celeron steppings on this mobo even with a slotkit? Will a 900 or a 1000 Celeron run on this board with the bios flashed and a new slotkit?

2) Two slot kits I'm looking at are the Asus S370-DL and the Asus S370-133. What is the difference between these two? Asus.com mentions only the first but I'm 80% sure the -133 exists and is different in some way.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I'm now hearing that asus has a 1014 beta flash version for this mobo...trying to find documentation now!

I had also Asus P2B rev 1.02 with bios 1012. New celerons
works without any problems if you have slotket with FCPGA
support. There are some slotkets that won't work with FCPGA
processors. I had that kind of slotket so I needed to solder
connection for pins AH4 and X4(reset#1, reset#2).
See slotket manuals for information about FCPGA support.
There should be jumper or dip-switch for PPGA/FCPGA.
You need only this, no other problems! It works fine.
I have now Abit BX6 with same porcessor as I had on my Asus
P2B, Celeron2 800@1066.

I have a ASUS P2B Rev. 1.02 (Same as you)

I took off the Slot 1 P2-350 off it, and put in a ASUS S370-DL (133 FSB MAX). For CPU, I put in a C2 600 @ 900 Mhz (100FSB) @ 1.8 Vcore.

To avoid conflct in the Slotket, it is always better to get one that made the same motherboard thus providing more compatibility.
The ASUS Slotket is very good. People using different brand other than the ASUS model is probably having the problem.

As for the difference, well I have no clue, cant find the S370-133's Specs in Asus's Website.

Back