• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does an I9300 benifit from a pin mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nikhsub1 said:
My pin modded 1.7 idles at ~29-32C and full load is bout 50C or so.
that better temps than on mine unmoded one.

I was so happy about doing pin mod that my hard drive failed. RMA here I come.

Does this overclock work with a 1.6 ghz processor? I see people only mentioning 1.7 ghz.

Warshed said:
Does this overclock work with a 1.6 ghz processor? I see people only mentioning 1.7 ghz.
Processors 1.5 and 1.6ghz are sure thing to be modable to 2.0 and 2.13. These two processors almost always pin mod successfully without any voltage adjustments

1.7ghz cpu can pin mod succesfully as well, but there is a good chance with cpus 1.7 and up that they may require more voltage to run properly, thus voltage pin mods might be needed.

mcoleg said:
ozzlo, ok, let's see, you shorted pins f3-e3 then? sry, takes me a bit of time to figure out things that are small; must be going blind... :p

Yup that is correct... Remember to check and see if you actually need to do the volt mod... every now and then there is a 1.7 that is 24 hour prime stable without the mod...

Mine failed prime 95 within 10 minuiets so that's why I did the volt mod.

Back