• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally did it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elchulo

Registered
I have finally after wasting a lot of time I have finally completed past 24 hours of dual prime 95 at 3.5ghz on my 2.8ghz p4 northwood highest celcius reached was 39c and i have some pics lets see if i can upload those somehow

Attachments

• Dual Prime 95 stable past 24 hours.jpg
    Dual Prime 95 stable past 24 hours.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
My goal has always been 3.6ghz with this processor but I am afraid to do 1.7volts. My 3.5ghz was reached under 1.625 in bios cpuz says 1.664, and no i dont have water cooling, I am just running on air. I live in boston,ma is not that hot summer almost over

Congrats, I could only make 3.6Ghz after going watercooling but the 7Mhz FSB difference @ 3.5Ghz is negligible. Your system already flies!

Skeen not stock cooling i dont even know what to call that heatsink i bought a couple of months ago and i have vantec tornado on top of that heatsink with artic silver on the processor.

Lancelot how hot does your processor run 3.6ghz under full load and have you tried going higher with water cooling?

Currently at 42C with 22C ambient. (full load running two Folding clients)
Take note that this is with a NB and GPU block in the loop as well...

I tried going higher but I don't want to go above 1.65Vcore. At 3.64Ghz 260FSB Prime95 becomes unstable, one of the clients drops out. And if I leave it at that speed I sometimes find a black screen and locked up system overnight. 257FSB is rock solid though, I even run Partitionmagic, DriveImage etc. at that speed! What's the sense in having a great OC but having to revert back down everytime you need to work on your setup anyways?

Last edited:
Back