Thread: Tinker Cores?

10 Year Badge

Tinker Cores?

I am running the graphical version at work, everyone loves to sit and watch the protien fold.

The problem is all I get are tinker cores. Why is this and how can I change it?

The -advmethods flag makes it so I don't get any Tinkers. As long as you do that without BP on, I think you should just get regular Gromacs and DGromacs.

10 Year Badge
    How do I change the flags with the graphic version, and what is BP? Sorry for the silly questions, I'm still a folding n00b. Oh, and if it matters its on a 1.8ghz pentium-m lappy.

BP is BigPacket, it'll give you more memory intensive wus, which probably isn't good for you since it's a work pc. I think in the graphic version the way to set bp on is 'Accept WUs>5mb'.
    To set -advmethods, you can go to the shortcut in your startup folder > Right click then properties > in the target box add -advmethods.

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    BP is BigPacket
    you think I could have figured that out on my own.

I added the advmethods flag. Thanks for the help. They let me put it in another 'old' laptop that we keep running 24/7. Another 1200 mhz of folding powah!!
    Last edited by hibner; 08-20-05 at 04:29 PM.

Folding Profile
    It sounds to me as if the rig is set to fold WUs with no deadlines (client type 2). All of those are Tinkers. Adding the -advmethods flag will override the client type 2 setting and you'll no longer get just Tinkers. You will get units more prone to screw up than regular WUs. -advmethods means late beta. If in fact it's set to receive deadlinless WUs, changing that setting will accomplish what you seek.

All ppd from friends and family. Many thanks to HayesK for his support and congrats on being the #1 Folder on Team 32. Special thanks to ChrisC and ColinC

Folding User Stats

10 Year Badge
    I am set to use deadlines. So hopefully it will work. I am going to let this tinker complete first before I change the flag. No need to kill a perfectly good WU.

Folding Profile
    Stopping the client properly and changing the flag and restarting won't kill the wu.

All ppd from friends and family. Many thanks to HayesK for his support and congrats on being the #1 Folder on Team 32. Special thanks to ChrisC and ColinC

Folding User Stats

10 Year Badge
    Changing the advmethods flag worked. Thanks all. No More tinkers for me. I am now folding Gromacs core p1408_Q20x4 in water. Have you seen these "in water" gromacs. I received 2 of these last night. What are they?