• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radeon 9600SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m1tk0

Registered
hi guys, i have a 9600SE vid card, my motherboard is an ABIT NF7-S

i was wondering what would be a good driver for me

thx

I dunno, but I can tell you right now that a Radeon 9600 SE won't be as good as a Radeon 9600 Pro. The RAM clock speeds suck. That's why it benchmarks badly.

oh i know, but i mean thats what i have, and i just reformated cuz there was something wrong with my comp, it kept freezing and felt real real slow, i though it might have been some of my drivers.

i was wondering which vid driver to get

Go to the ATI site and download the catalyst 5.8 drivers. These will work with all Radeon series cards.

RJARRRPCGP, he was asking for drivers, not whether or not a PRO was a better card. Please restrict your replies to relevent aspects in order to provide assistance as requested.

well yea i know about those, but i was wondering if there are any other ones that are better

ive heard of omega drivers and whatnot or are the ATI original drivers the best

Third party drivers may offer slight performance or quality increases over the stock ATI drivers, though it's nothing huge. Sticking with ATI's catalyst drivers should be fine.

JigPu

m1tk0 said:
oh i know, but i mean thats what i have, and i just reformated cuz there was something wrong with my comp, it kept freezing and felt real real slow, i though it might have been some of my drivers.

i was wondering which vid driver to get

Drivers? I dunno. Because I only tested it with W1zzard Catalyst 4.7 or 4.4. Maybe Catalyst 3.2 also, because they were known to perform good with my Radeon 9000 Pro 64 MB, which I still have.

I had catalyst 5.6 on my 9600se and it worked great. I tend to stay away from the latest stuff since sometimes bugs are found then they quickly make a new driver to fix that problem.

Back