• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official YATTA (Slow CPU) Team Re-recruiting thread! (Revival of the YATTA TEAM)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lennytiger

Hey Guys,

In a recent thread I put forward an idea to revive the YATTA team.
The limitations are now sub 1000MHz, can be classified as a slow CPU. (Sub 1Ghz can join team Yatta)

It would be great if everyone could donote a yatta monster of their own (if you have) to the YATTA team!

Username: YATTA
Team: 32 (Who else???) :rolleyes:

Please support the YATTA team, slow computers are uniting!

Last edited:
Oh and a quick question, would it be alright if I appointed myself as the Team YATTA captain? (unless someone else wants to do it?) - more than me??? lol

no deadlines with timeless tinkers. set client type=2 in the client.cfg file. my p233mmx cpus take 2 hours/frame on 400 frame tinkers, so the progress is very slow, but at least they are being used for something. People should list the specs of the computers joining the yatta team, so that we can get an idea of what we have. I'll see what all i have that can be switched over, and ill generate a list today. Lenny, I dont have a problem with you being captain since you revived this. I dont have any idea what that entails, or if there are any particular rules for subteams. also, have you though about making the limit 1ghz? seems like anything below that is considered slow by today's standards. I have a 733 o/c to 900 that i can switch.

Would you consider a sub 800MHz machine overclocked above 800MHz qualified to join the yatta cause? Got a P3-750 OC'd to 933 that I'd switch over.

erm... we'd like to keep it aroud 800Mhz though i think the threshhold really should maximum 900.... but its not really serious!

Here is the list of what i switched from my name to YATTA
Celeron 733@900
Celeron 667
Celeron 450
k6-2 500
pentium 233mmx x 4
Total 8 cpu's.
I have them all set to do timeless projects. Even the SSE enabled cpu's have more ppd on tinkers than the small gromacs, and none have enough ram for big wu's.

I set them up as YATTA. Any idea if that is the same as yatta, or Yatta. EOC and stanford list it as Yatta, but it doenst appear to be case sensitive.

no its not case sensitive at all, yatta or Yatta or YATTA is prerfectly acceptable!

Thanks for joining up to the yatta team!

dwschoon said:
have you though about making the limit 1ghz? seems like anything below that is considered slow by today's standards. I have a 733 o/c to 900 that i can switch.

Okay due to many people having pc's considered to be slow, the limit is now 1Ghz! All cpu's up to 1GHz may join the Yatta team! It's official!

Wow lennytiger things have come a long way since this morning :D. I think the Dually is for staying :D. I get both rigs going when i get a new monitor near the end of them month. Currently only got 1, i could do remote desktop but i'm just being a bit lazy i guess.

Jimbob7 thats great, I'm glad the dually is staying, dualies are fun... I want one! Make mine a dual Athlon 3200+ and i'll be happy :D

Wow I'm glad that the team is coming together and that we've revived some power for Yatta!

Fold On!

Jimbob7 said:
Wow lennytiger things have come a long way since this morning :D. I think the Dually is for staying :D. I get both rigs going when i get a new monitor near the end of them month. Currently only got 1, i could do remote desktop but i'm just being a bit lazy i guess.

Just borrow your main monitor for setup and unplug it. None my yatta computers have monitors, keyboards, or mice.

Back