• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with crashing/freezing pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Translucid

Registered
well my compuers been running fine overclocked for about 4 months now was stable at 3.8 ghz now all of a sudden i turn it on and it starts to freeze whenever i do anything if i run winamp, or start to sync up my ipod, i even turned everything back to stock, its at 3.0 ghz now and loosed the ram timmings to 2.5, 3, 3, 6 rams at 166 mhz insead of 200 it was at, and it still freezes when i try to do anything. realy all i can do is browse internet. that hasnt frozen on my yet. and when it was at 3.8 idle was about 41 deg load was like 50 deg now its at 37 deg idle and i dont know load cause i cant test it without crashing. but it should be below 50. let me know what other info you might need to help.

not since that happened, but while it was runnings stable, it passed memtest. and that was with same memory, i have another stick of golddragon, but i cant boot with both golddragons in for some odd reason, each stick tests out perfect with memtest though.

i just also got done reinstalling windows, just to check it wasnt a software or windows glitch, but thats not the case, still cant do much of anything, and it just froze while tryin to post this reply last time i tryed.

well im currently in the process of running memtest, and prime95, memtest has ran upto 200% coverage with set to test all unused ram sofar has 0 errors, prime95 is running also at same time sofar been running for about half hour, sofar i havnt reboot, thats strange that i woudl reboot if i try to listen to music, or update my ipod, but i dont reboot ruing memtest and dualprime

ok prime95 and memtest has been running overnight, memtest is at 4394% with 0 errors, and prime hasnt turned up any eigther. still hasnt froze or crashed...

Back