• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any cases that will hold BIX3 radiator internally?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PerlAddict

Hey guys,

Anybody know of a good case (aside from Mountain Mods U2 series) that will accomodate a Black Ice Extreme 3 radiator internally without any mods? Looking for a black one, and wasn't sure if there were cases that were made with water cooling and radiators in mind.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.
- Dave

the armor cases, the cm-stacker, most lian-li's, thats what i know and can think of (dont know actual lian-li names, but look at em, you can tell which can and which cant)

In case I wasn't specific, I mean cases that have pre-defined areas for mounting a radiator of this size - no drilling, cutting, etc. necessary. As far as I know, none of those cases have three 120mm fan ports side by side anywhere where a rad could be installed.

I've cut up the case I currently have, but I don't have the time to dress it up and make it look nice after taking the plasma cutter to it, and it's beige anyway, which means it needs a paint job. After all that's said and done, it'd be cheaper to just buy a new case instead of investing that much time in it.

Might just have to save up and spring for a U2-UFO. Love the way it looks, but it's just pricey as all getout.

Like he said, a triple-fan radiator can be mounted in the front of a CM Stacker or TT Armor without modifications, it just simply does not leave room for a lot of optical drives. As far as I can tell on my Armor, if I were to mount a BIX3, there would only be room enough to mount one optical drive. Regardless, it would still require no cutting of the case as the drive bay covers are already mesh material, and the BIX is only slightly wider than a 120mm fan, which means it would fit between both sides of the bays without any trouble.

Gotcha. That's sort of what I was asking, but plenty of cases have that much room to mount something yourself. I was looking for something with a mounting area already in place; something designed AROUND having fans or a radiator in those places without giving up any space for other drives. Just screw it into the holes and go.

My current case has enough room in both the front and along the side to mount the rad, but doing it on the side requires cutting, and doing it in the front requires giving up all but two optical drives (though the case is separate into two metal cages inside, so I'd actually have to cut out a small portion of it to get something in the front, too. But that's an easy hack job).

So far the U2-UFO is the only case I've found that's pre-made with large water cooling radiators in mind from the get-go.

Thanks for the info.

Back