• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RL WoW humor. It's funny even if you're not into WoW.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
While it was funny the first time I saw it, even at that, just a smirk, I do believe its fake. It just seems unreal for a parent to post on the forum that their kid is grounded. They might just be two friends playing a gag. Is it possible for anyone to check their ips? That would help :)

Funny. But I don't think he really got grounded, since later on she shows a more teasing attitude. Pretty good gag though.

TheGreySpectre said:
On the one hand sucks for him, on the otherhand I was my mom was cool enough to play video games other than solitare

LOL@solitare. Even if my mom had NASA's computer, she'd play solitare. :beer:

Robrules18 said:
Man this is like the 8th forum ive seen this posted on. It is rediculous.

Agreed. Honestly, how many moms are games (not counting solitar), let alone playing the same game as their kid. It seems to me it was his friend who was bored @ 3am and wanted to make his friend look like a mommas boy. Heck I'd do something like that to any of my friends. :D :eek:

Well I know in the OCG guild on Illidan we have a father, mother, son group with us. So yes some moms do play, just that it's kinda a rare thing. In our guild tho the mother is higher lvl then the son, I think by like 10 to 15 lvls higher.

SniperXX said:
Agreed. Honestly, how many moms are games (not counting solitar), let alone playing the same game as their kid. It seems to me it was his friend who was bored @ 3am and wanted to make his friend look like a mommas boy. Heck I'd do something like that to any of my friends. :D :eek:

They are out there its not like the female gamining comunity is nonexistant, many people just fail to recognize it. I know a 1 or 2 families where everyone plays games togethor,

Wicked_Klown said:
True it's not as tho they jump in to a game and yell I'm a woman.

When they do that everyone in the game starts gawking. I seriously have been in like 3 CS servers where some people let a girl on the other team kill them just because they're a girl. I'm guessing some of these people don't get out of their basement much.

Dracknem said:
When they do that everyone in the game starts gawking. I seriously have been in like 3 CS servers where some people let a girl on the other team kill them just because they're a girl. I'm guessing some of these people don't get out of their basement much.

true I would guess way more women than we think play games, as you cant tell gender really unless someone tells you or has a mike

I've actually read a few studies that say that women over 35 is a HUGE demographic of MMORPG players....I mean, probably not as big as the 12-15 year old range....But large nonetheless. I don't have any links or anything, so I might be wrong, I just remember reading that a few places.

Tumnus said:
I've actually read a few studies that say that women over 35 is a HUGE demographic of MMORPG players....I mean, probably not as big as the 12-15 year old range....But large nonetheless. I don't have any links or anything, so I might be wrong, I just remember reading that a few places.

Seeing some accurate stats would be interesting. I always had the impression that some MMO games attracted more females than others. AC had the most proclaimed females as the vassel system seems to offer an environment that rl women seemed to enjoy (not men playing as women, but real women). A lot of monarchies were lead by rl women too and you just don't see many rl female guild leaders in the level based (EQ clone) games. While the EQ clones seemed to have some real females, there does not seem to be nearly as many.

ps I'm judging these characters to be rl females based on info from guild websites, message boards, relatives, family and friends that played with them. My opinion is not based on jokers pretending to be a girl to get free items because they told me so, lol. Not saying that I was never fooled, but when you play for a while and get to know people and often their family/friends its not hard to tell who is lying to you most of the time.

That said, does anyone have a link to the old GI mag with the article where the writer RP's to be a female stripper in SWG and gets a ton of cash and items for virtual lap dances. Its a sick, sick read and disturbingly funny.

Back