• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5% over clocking lockup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[WCC]ROAD-KILL!

Registered
When I first got my system together I could adjust it to where ever I wated with little or no problems. I found 5% to be where I left it. Now if I try to even do a 5% it will not load it keeps looping the load screen. If I try to change it to 5% in windows with the Asus Ai booster it locks the whole system and I'm forced to reboot and go back into the bios and reset back to standard with no OC. Anybody have any ideas? :shrug:

How would I be able to see the startup temps before they go back down? AT idle the temp seesm to be around 50c and around 70c under prime. I'm not sure how to check the "AGP/PCI is locked to 66/33" . I would guess it's in my Bios I will check that latter. Thanks for the sugestions.

Doesn't a 5% overclock also overclock your ram? Maybe your ram can't handle 210fsb... that's where I'd put my money. Loosen your ram timings and/or raise the vcore a tad bit to rule some things out. And as batboy said, lock the AGP PCI frequency.

If you are using the ai for overclocking then yes it is probably memory settings. Change the memory divider. If i remember correctly its not listed as a ratio but rather 400, 300 or something like that.

Try the other recommendations as well. When you OC you MUST MUST MUST MUST test the RAM and the CPU separately. One's performance may fool the other's.

Try the 5:4 and see if it makes a difference first. Then you can work your way around from there. If it works with the divider, then that means that your ram was causing the stability issues.

Set the divider to 5:4, and then do your 5% overclock and see if you still have the same problem. Like I said, if you have no problems with 5% overclock with the 5:4 divider, then the problem initially was with your ram; if you don't get any improvements after using the divider, then that means the problem initially was with your CPU (and maybe RAM also).

Oh crap! Bad news for the rookie I just lost about three months of stuff on my computer :bang head . Don't ask me how cause I can tell ya but it didn't like somthing I did. Oh man that sucks any ideas on how to retrieve my old setup? It dosen even see my d drive anymore. :shrug: LOL I guess thats what I get for fixing somthing that wasn't broken.

Hook that hard drive up to a working computer, and you should be fine.

If for any reason your partitions disappeared then you could use a program called "GET BACK DATA." If you can't find it, then I'll help you when I get back from my trip on Saturday... on my way out right now. Cya.

g0dM@n said:
Hook that hard drive up to a working computer, and you should be fine.

If for any reason your partitions disappeared then you could use a program called "GET BACK DATA." If you can't find it, then I'll help you when I get back from my trip on Saturday... on my way out right now. Cya.

I hope we all will lower our heads for a moment of silence for my 250gig HD. IT's DOA and less then a year old :confused: . This will teach me one thing and that is... backup backup backup! :cry: Yep I lost it all like a WW2 plane going down in flames. A shop is trying to recover what they can .

Back