• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going 78, what should i buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-_{MoW}_-Assasi

Hey pplz!!!

What should i buy?

A Leadtek 7800 GTX for $770 AUD or a Leadtek 7800 GT for $645 AUD?

Or should i look around more, and which brand of 78s should i look for, im looking for best performance, when both overclocked

Edit- Probibly looking for a STASIS Icestorm or something or rather for it, and whats the best cooler for it?

Edit Again- Overclcoked as in, when both maxed out frequencies, which one is faster, and volt modded n all

Last edited:
GTX will always be faster, but I feel that for the price, the GT is good enough. It just depends on how much you want to spend.

Also, I prefer XFX, EVGA, and BFG for the 78 series, but others may feel differently.

-_{MoW}_-Assasi said:
Ok, the BFG card is $985, so should i go leadtek? coz thats quite come price difference

Yes get the leadtek, it is the same card. BFG makes great cards but they are way overpriced IMHO. I have a Leadtek and it is fine.

I know im in the uk but them prices look HIGH unless its CA or AU, $975.00 for a x850xt pe thats like £450 - £500. over here there £250 and a 7800gtx is £350 for xfx model.

Back