• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ntldr Is Missing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MethanolMan

Registered
Hi all Im working on my brothers alienware and its a 3.2 intel setup in raid
and he is getting a NTLDR IS MISSING error
I have be the to windows recovery with the cd in but when you press r it says no drives deceted.

So I was just going to reinstall windows but one dumb qusetion how do i get the the raid setup on a Intell board that the pbz875 one to set up the raid.

On my fx55 i just hit f10 but im having a hard time finding what key to use to do this. Thanks all MethanolMan

P.S. On a side not can i hook up his two hard drives on my pc since im on raid also and take a look at his info or will it not work because of his being intel and mine being nvraid I have two extra sata ports not being used.
Sorry for the dumb qustion guys.

Last edited:
yeah they had said reload but he is not able to follow directions so i said i would do it for him just needed to know how to find he raid setup for the intel boad

AFAIK for the recovery to work you need to load the custom SATA chip drivers... is there a point where you can load them?

~t0m

theres a prog called fixntldr.. you burn it on to a cd and boot it up... it lets you access windows but it doesnt fix it....

i've been too lazy to fix my ntldr so i just boot from the cd every time

When setting up that RAID array in XP youll need to press F-6 when prompted to install 3rd party drivers(from a floppy) during the XP setup.

Z

I fixed it by putting this on a flopy, I got the idea from "psionictek" Did a search and found a site that said to put this
on a flopy which let the pc boot.
copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

Then I was lost again untill talking to one of my friends and he had me check out
the hidded files and folders in the root of c drive. and sure enough the boot files were missing.

So i went to my pc unchecked hide files and folders in the root of c and then
copy them to a flopy and then went to his pc and pasted them and it worked.

Still dont know how it ended up missing but a simple copy and past fixed it.

Thanks to "psionictek" for telling me about the fix to get the pc into windows.

again thanks guys cool fix huh. just copy and past them in the pc that is broke.

Back