• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Server Case for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{ace of spades}

Disabled
I was just interested. Does anyone use a server case for gaming? I mean like this:

http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_RM311_3U_RACKMOUNT_SERVER_CHASSIS.html

I know its not what most of you would use but i dont see why it wouldnt work, i mean it can take everything a normal computer can cant it, plus it has the benefit of being lockable. I also think it would be a great base for a custom mod ( could install a window on the top, new paintjob, enough room for water cooling).

Possibly something like this may be more suited:

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1211.html

Last edited:
I have to say that a horizontal full sized case would be useful for me as my desk space is at a premium and I don't like putting the comp on the floor. The problem with most horizontal cases is that they don't have enough space for some decent 120mm fans but this looks good to me. I can't find out what form factor it takes but if its ATX then this becomes very interesting.

I have some 2U servers I got from work. They are ATX so I took the systems out. My problem was that its heavy, and I mean heavy with a PC in it, like over 30lbs. The ones I have are steel tho, make sure you get an alum. one, unless you want a workout moving the thing.

Well i have the YY cube myself and i love it.
Rackmount was something i thought of going with first before i got the cube.

//Christian

I might look into this, i think they look awesome. Is it possible to put a decent (like 6600) graphics card in them?

They say they have full sized PCI slots so I guess so. Damn I wish I had more money right now.

Yea this one has the slots in the normal orenitation compared to the motherboard so no need for a riser

Back