• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THG 6 Week PSU Stress Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

19 PSUs. 6 Weeks. 29 Pages of info. Doesn't get better than that. Check it out here .

One surprise was the OZC Powerstream 600W, which failed the test. I thought OZC was supposed to be one of the better PSUs on the market. :shrug: OZC reps said that they would take a look at that specific PSU, but in the meantime...

Take from it what you will. Shame my PSU wasn't in there, but then, its not exactly a well known brand it is :p ?

SolidxSnake said:
Why is the only fortron a 300w model? I WANT A BLUESTORM TEST!

The Aopen 700w is a Fortron. it just hasn't been released yet.

My PSU: 78.8 Efficencey Baby!

This will def. help anyone looking to buy a new PSU

The was an interesting read. I actually learned a few things. Good find LoneWolf. :thup: That article make me proud to own a Fortron.

Oklahoma Wolf said:
The Aopen 700w is a Fortron. it just hasn't been released yet.

Damn, I should have known that... Looking at that label, it blatantly screams FORTRON YO'!

:D

There's also a little sister to that one at a mere 650w. Would like to see them release something now in a single 12v design to compete with the Zippy PSL-6701P.

Topower is certainly well represented - two OCZ's if you count both samples, Epower, BeQuiet, and Spire.

Yep, not too bad at all. Would really like to see them fix the fan issue though - CWT is good enough it puzzles me why they let little details trip them up like that all the time.

You know, they added the Seasonic S12 a week or two after I sent an email asking that it be added (though they didn't add the ax500). I wonder if they actualy listened to me.

More likely they just hadn't heard back from Seasonic yet when the article was first published.

SolidxSnake said:
Why is the only fortron a 300w model? I WANT A BLUESTORM TEST!

Thought I would resurrect this thread since Oleg over at Xbit Labs just reviewed the AX500-A far better than Tom's would:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/bluestorm.html

As I thought it would, it handed in very good performance but doesn't quite regulate the rails as well as its EPS cousin, the FSP460-60PFN or the OCZ Powerstreams. As the crossload chart shows however, it is indeed sufficient for most systems out there.

locaj said:
is it true the seasonic wont run a dfi nf4 board?

It works fine. I remember hearing some problems, but they are easily fixed. Use the search feature as I believe there was a thread here not too long ago.

Back