• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celeron 800@1066 software unstable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jontxucampo

I have overclock my celeron 800 to 1066 (133 FSB, 33 PCI, 1.9 volts) in an Acorp 6bx81+QDI slotket with clean hardware and windows 98 boot up. The problem is that some applications (heavy duty apps) doesn´t work well with this speed, e.g., CAD calculations get wrong at this speed but not with lower speeds 993 (124 FSB,33 ó 41 PCI). I don´t have a hang up of the system but just the program stops and windows standing. I have also errors with internet explorer ramdomly.

It seems to me i´m so close to get an stable system that i still don´t desperate. Anybody has a clue to stabilize a bit more my system? or should i stack at 993?

Thanks

Jon

first we will need to know a little more about your system , brand of ram and timeings, vidio card, sound card, NIC, HSF you are useing, temps @ idel and full load. Second how long have you had this 800, sometimes a good burn-in is all you need.

O.K just re-read your post, if your haveing problems @ 133 and not 124 then it has somthing to do with your CPU, given that you PCI and AGP bus are in spec, with a Vcc @ 1.9 i'll guess you get some heat buildup, check thoes temps. could also be your Power supply. anything over 1ghz you really need a good quality 300w at a minimum.

Stealth

Maybe is the heat. I don´t have a temp monitor but i can feel it touching the heatsink, it doesnt harm me but it´s really hot. However in 993 the heat buildup is also high but software is stable.

What could i use to cool? I have seek for bigger HS but they don´t fit in, room left by the slotket and nearby memory is useless, and i have to use an HS that is as big as the socket 370, damned it. It there something that works in that format?

you may be verry limited on th HSF you can get, i really don't know what to tell you sorry , I have NEVER used a slot 1 motherboard. I am sure thear is somthing out thear for you, If I have time I will try to look for one tonight, if not I am sure someone who uses a slot 1 will step up and halp you. Sorry I can't be of more help

I can´t lower the vcore because system hangs up in just half an hour. I have tried to raise the vcore but system behaviour is the same.

jontxucampo said:
I can´t lower the vcore because system hangs up in just half an hour. I have tried to raise the vcore but system behaviour is the same.

Grab yourself Seti/Folding@home whichever, 3d MARK 2001, Sisoft Sandra ...

Turn Sisoft to a burn in mode... Crank up Seti and 3dMark..
.That will be your burn in try to do it for 72 hours and just continue with seti...

Eventually if your comp will be really burnt in and you can lower the voltages one by one...

Whats your HSF Fan now? Name Brand Model?
With a good decent HSF you can lower the voltage abit not making too much heat.. Just a thought.

Cooling

Hi jontxucampo.

An Alpha PEP66 is, so i think, the best Cooler for Celeron/PIII FC-PGA CPU on a Slotket. This cooler isn`t to big so you can use your Dimm-Slots.

Look at www.pc-cooling.de

ciao
Zonk666

Back