• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Technical Support Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i spoke to abit. we will work to find out if there is a problem. they are sending us boards and we are sending them modules.

Duonger

Streifenkarl said:
No problem man, I didnt mean to be rude or anything! :cool: But unfortunately nobody seems to know anything about these problems, maybe its the memory controller in my CPU, that doesnt like 1GB modules? Is that a possibility?

When it comes to memory, it's always a possibility. But if you're getting troubles with your CPU running 2x1GB modules dual channel enabled with 1T command rate, then there's something really wrong with it. Considering, when it comes to overclocking and hardware stuff in itself, there might be so much possibilites what is causing such a problems.

oooh....nice a mushkin support thread......i have a question....

does anyone have any timings for 3500 redlines??

all i can find is timings for the 4000 redlines and those just arnt helping me too much.....i have been able to get 2.5-2-2-5 stable @ 250 3.3v in memtest but when it comes to getting these things stable in XP its just not working.....

anyways ya i have no clue what to do now.....any help would be great though.....

ludeboy12 said:
oooh....nice a mushkin support thread......i have a question....

does anyone have any timings for 3500 redlines??

all i can find is timings for the 4000 redlines and those just arnt helping me too much.....i have been able to get 2.5-2-2-5 stable @ 250 3.3v in memtest but when it comes to getting these things stable in XP its just not working.....

anyways ya i have no clue what to do now.....any help would be great though.....

Can you post a screenshot from A64Tweaker?

Streifenkarl said:
Does the Mushkin Blueline 2x1GB memory kit work flawlessly with the Abit AN8-SLI?

And what happened to the overclock abilities of that memory? Different PCB? And why the silver heatspreader instead of Blue now? Change the name to Silver Line then or whatever.

Unfortunately they don't OC good as they did before since they no longer use BE-6 and they switched to CE-6 chips that are not as good, but I have some myself which are CE-6 and was able to push them to 221 with decent timings of 2.5-3-3-6.

If you ask me these are still awsome since most 2GB kits require loose timings of 3-3-3 and in some cases RAS to CAS on 4, which degrades your performance.

RedDragonXXX said:
Unfortunately they don't OC good as they did before since they no longer use BE-6 and they switched to CE-6 chips that are not as good, but I have some myself which are CE-6 and was able to push them to 221 with decent timings of 2.5-3-3-6.

If you ask me these are still awsome since most 2GB kits require loose timings of 3-3-3 and in some cases RAS to CAS on 4, which degrades your performance.

We have never used BE-6 or CE-6. They have always been 1 type.

Duonger

NO worries.. the -6 are ddr333 parts. When overclocking so high from ddr333 to ddr500 the lifespan of the module is shorter and errors can occur thus we chose not to use it.

Duonger

Duonger said:
NO worries.. the -6 are ddr333 parts. When overclocking so high from ddr333 to ddr500 the lifespan of the module is shorter and errors can occur thus we chose not to use it.

Duonger

I see, thanx for clarifying :thup:

I couldnt really tell you cuz my main computer i use is a Laptop which uses micro dimms. I will ask the guys in our tech room to see what is teh best setting and post later.

Duonger

ludeboy12 said:
Duonger what would be good timings to run on the redline 3500s??

Check Nades RAM Database and look for Dreads settings, it should look something like that but you won't be able to do CAS on 1.5 and use lower Vdimm then that.

Also helping another guy OC his XP4000's so soon as its done it will be added to Database so you can have more reference.

ludeboy12 said:
ok heres my current settings.....

try something like this.. might be a bit tight.. loosen trc to 16, trtw or twr and idle cycle limit to 256

and which bios are u using?

try 510-2 Hellfire Bios and have ur ram on Yellow Slots on the board..

and try playing around with drive strength.. try 2 4 6 or 8 for UTT based memory

Attachments

• settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
ya im on the hellfire bios already.....running in the orange slots though....

i did however get these settings to work very nicely....only problem is firefox doesnt work now.....crashes on load....

3dmark05 worked fine.....superpi runs fine too.....blah

anyways here what im running right now @250mhz

twtr and trtw a bit tight..

Max async latency will do 7 or 6 without any problems.. and read preamble 5

try reinstalling firefox.. see whether that helps

avalanche83 said:
That is not true at all. steveOCZ has helped alot of people when it comes to OCZ products. I have seen him suggest other products than just OCZ, but when it comes down to the product in question he knows alot about them, and the same for Sentential. These guys are subject matter experts that can really help out.

You lucky dog:). Congrats Sen.

You either didnt read my post or you are hallucinating.
Where did see accusing SteveOCZ? I have praised his integrity in my posts, not the way around as you've put it here.
PS: I deleted my off topic posts per nade, would appreciate it if you delete the quote. thanks

ok changed twtr and trtw back to 2....max async 7 and read preamble 5......

still cant open firefox.....i'll worry about it tomorrow though.....

going to bed now....thanx for the help so far though

no problem..

i think u just need a reinstall.. might be corrupted.. let me know how it goes

any word possible fixes for the 991154 sticks?

im not an authority on post codes so i dont know the details on the diferent problems that can generate the no ram siren but it has to be the ram if 4 diferent computers are gettng the same code. i really hope im not SOL because i cant afford to have these sticks be dudds . the computer they are to go in is what ill be using to keep in touch with my wife when we are seperated for a long time while i go to school

Back