• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Technical Support Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ludeboy12 said:
ok heres my current settings.....

I'm truly sorry for the delay, I had to went to bed cause clock was 5 AM and I was very tired, but here I am again, ready to help :)

Those timings you're using, seems that they are way off. Can you please tell me which BIOS version you're using and do you have active cooling for memory modules?

And here's timings list for you:

Tcl: 2.0
Trcd: 2
Tras: 6
Trp: 2
Trc: 7
Trfc: 15
Trrd: 2
Trw: 2
Twtr: 2
Trtw: 2
Tref: 1168
Twcl: 1

Max Async Latency: 7ns - 8ns
Read Preamble: 5ns - 6ns

If you still want more out of your Redlines, you can try to tighten following timings:

Trrd: 2 -> 1 or 0
Twtr: 2 -> 1
Trtw: 2 -> 1

Can you please test out and let me know how they perform :)

And I'm truly sorry for the delay :(

i reckon MAL of 7ns will be fine.. u only have to drop it to 8 or 9 when u try to run high HTT e.g. 300HT

zebbo actually i tried those exact same settings already as i found you posted them in another thread somewhere.....

gave me a couple error in memtest so thats why i am running them at 2-3-2-6.....only changed trcd to 3 to get them to pass memtest.....but otherwise they are identical to what you posted really.....

would like 2-2-2-6 @ 250 but i get errors @ 3.3v and bumping up to 3.4v doesnt help any.....

Duonger said:
i spoke to abit. we will work to find out if there is a problem. they are sending us boards and we are sending them modules.

Duonger

You got to be kiddin me! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Someone is actually doing something to solve a problem a customer has? WOW! Never ever seen that before in my entire life! Btw, I have already ordered a set of Blueline HP3200 2x1GB! Hopyfully it will work with that Abit AN8 board and 1T, or I will cry a river! :eh?:

the AN8 have issues running 1T.. but some boards don't seem to be affected..

it's only an issue if u run past a certain HTT e.g. 230 or so then u'll have to use 2T to run stable..

reply from abit

Tom

We have send two boards to you for evaluation (AW8MAX and AN8 Ultra).

XXXXXXXXX

Sales Director

Phone: XXXXXXXXX

Cellular: XXXXXXXX

Fax: XXXXXXXX

we will have the boards today and I will get my guys to test asap.

Duonger

ludeboy12 said:
zebbo actually i tried those exact same settings already as i found you posted them in another thread somewhere.....

gave me a couple error in memtest so thats why i am running them at 2-3-2-6.....only changed trcd to 3 to get them to pass memtest.....but otherwise they are identical to what you posted really.....

would like 2-2-2-6 @ 250 but i get errors @ 3.3v and bumping up to 3.4v doesnt help any.....

Can you please tell me what kind of cooling you have for your memory modules at the moment? Have you tried out does your modules work fine with their rated speed, timings and voltage?

Duonger said:
reply from abit

Tom

We have send two boards to you for evaluation (AW8MAX and AN8 Ultra).

XXXXXXXXX

Sales Director

Phone: XXXXXXXXX

Cellular: XXXXXXXX

Fax: XXXXXXXX

we will have the boards today and I will get my guys to test asap.

Duonger
I see your convo with Abit went well :beer:

babyelf said:
the AN8 have issues running 1T.. but some boards don't seem to be affected..

it's only an issue if u run past a certain HTT e.g. 230 or so then u'll have to use 2T to run stable..

I know, but as I said, the Tracer didnt even do 200MHz at 1T. But anyway, while you guys do the "official" testing (which I really appreciate) I do my own little test with the Mushkin and the AN8 board. Yay! :beer:

I wonder who will get the better results, lol. ;)

Zebbo said:
Can you please tell me what kind of cooling you have for your memory modules at the moment? Have you tried out does your modules work fine with their rated speed, timings and voltage?

i have an 80mm panaflo high speed sitting on top of the modules....they are nice and cool.....

as for if they work fine with thier rated speed, timings and voltage i would assume so as im only getting 1 error per pass and im probably right at their max......

of course i really dont know what the rated speed and timings is supposed to be so i havnt checked.....im in the voltage range though as i havnt gone over 3.3v....

i have been testing the last hr and i am doin pretty good with the settings below.....

Tcl: 2.0
Trcd: 2
Tras: 6
Trp: 2
Trc: 7
Trfc: 15
Trrd: 2
Trw: 2
Twtr: 2
Trtw: 2
Tref: 4128
Twcl: 1

Max Async Latency: 7ns
Read Preamble: 5ns

only got one error in memtest #5 after 5 passes......back in winblowz now and firefox now works again and everything is smooth so far.....

try tref of 2048

and trfc of 16

run memtest again..

oh yea.. swap the modules around the slots and see whether that helps

babyelf said:
try tref of 2048

and trfc of 16

run memtest again..

oh yea.. swap the modules around the slots and see whether that helps

ok tried that and its still a no go.....

guess i should have just bought the 4000 redlines.....oh well.....

yellow / orange?

still on orange?

give more bioses a try

Bigtoe's 704-2BT bios is pretty good

there's no best bios.. but there's a best for u.. u have to try it out urself.. it does make a difference

ya i would try that bios but there arnt enough voltage options for me with that one....

running a 1.78v here....

yellow made more errors then the orange.....im gonna stick with 2-3-2-6 for now though i think....

ludeboy12 said:
ya i would try that bios but there arnt enough voltage options for me with that one....

running a 1.78v here....

yellow made more errors then the orange.....im gonna stick with 2-3-2-6 for now though i think....

There is also a possibility that you have already pushed your modules as high as they can go. Of course you can always get more if you use higher volts, but it means you will also loose your warranty if you do so.

ya id rather not lose the warranty......i wish mushkin had some sort of trade up program though....

i bougth these sticks when they first came out....paid over 200 for them and now i could get the 4000 redline for under that.....ugh i hate upgrading too quickly sometimes.....

i shouldnt complain though.....these work plenty fine......its not like the 4000 redlines would let me run 1:1 either so no biggie.....

dont think the improvment would be big enough to justify upgrading now either....

feel like i am being ignored now
any word on possible fixes for the 991154 sticks?

im not an authority on post codes so i dont know the details on the diferent problems that can generate the no ram siren but it has to be the ram if 4 diferent computers are gettng the same code. i really hope im not SOL because i cant afford to have these sticks be dudds . the computer they are to go in is what ill be using to keep in touch with my wife when we are seperated for a long time while i go to school

ludeboy12 said:
ya id rather not lose the warranty......i wish mushkin had some sort of trade up program though....

i bougth these sticks when they first came out....paid over 200 for them and now i could get the 4000 redline for under that.....ugh i hate upgrading too quickly sometimes.....

i shouldnt complain though.....these work plenty fine......its not like the 4000 redlines would let me run 1:1 either so no biggie.....

dont think the improvment would be big enough to justify upgrading now either....

You should contact Tom in this case. Can you please tell me again what is your highest stable oc you have got with your XP3500 kit (with 2-2-2-6 / tight timings)?

thorilan said:
feel like i am being ignored now

Sorry, you're not being ignored, I was just trying to look for the 991154 P/N you posted earlier but I couldn't find it, could it be 991145 instead?

Last edited:
well as it turns out i forgot i was runnign memtest with my cpu at its max also.....

so anyways as it turns out when i lowered the multiplier way down the redlines passed #5 25 times at 2-2-2-6.....guess my cpu cant handle the redlines w/ those timings when its at 3ghz.....

give me yet another reasone to upgrade cpus.....

ludeboy12 said:
well as it turns out i forgot i was runnign memtest with my cpu at its max also.....

so anyways as it turns out when i lowered the multiplier way down the redlines passed #5 25 times at 2-2-2-6.....guess my cpu cant handle the redlines w/ those timings when its at 3ghz.....

give me yet another reasone to upgrade cpus.....

Glad to hear you found the "guilty" ;)

Back