• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Technical Support Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ludeboy12 said:
well as it turns out i forgot i was runnign memtest with my cpu at its max also.....

so anyways as it turns out when i lowered the multiplier way down the redlines passed #5 25 times at 2-2-2-6.....guess my cpu cant handle the redlines w/ those timings when its at 3ghz.....

give me yet another reasone to upgrade cpus.....

and memory controller gets funny when it's too cold :p

damn i didnt realize that......that really sux then cause we all know these wont be running 1:1....

but whatever.....its plenty good enough for now....

on a side note...how are the mushkin extreme performance 2gb kits???

ludeboy12 said:
damn i didnt realize that......that really sux then cause we all know these wont be running 1:1....

but whatever.....its plenty good enough for now....

Mushkin XP3700 2x1GB Kit specifications
DDR466 (233MHz)
3-3-3-8 timings
2,6V - 2,8V

Mushkin XP4000 2x1GB Kit specifications
DDR500 (250MHz)
3-4-3-8 timings
2,8V

What else you possibly would like to know? Just ask and I will get an answer for you asap. If you're going to go with 2x1GB kit, I think you may like to take a closer look on overclocking results of Mushkin High Performance 2x1GB kits. ;)

thorilan said:
any word possible fixes for the 991154 sticks?
Yes, Tom is going to speak with daniel later today and see if u can RMA it through www.jes.de instead of sending them back to us directally in Denver (to spare you the postage).

I assume you all that can be done is taking place upon your behalf :). In addition if you would like to Tom over phone just dial the extension I am going to give you via PM

ludeboy12 said:
Last I checked, quite good. Most people here are getting in the high 250s / low 260s with 3-3-3. I dont remember the voltage off the top of my head but I believe it was within the 2.9-3.1v range

Just wanted to add my Mushkin experience. I recently got a set of the latest batch of HP3200 2gb kit and was very disappointed w/ their performance compared to an early batch of the sticks. To make a long-story short, Tom directed me to Mushkin Tech Support. After discussing the issue with them in great length, they were very customer oriented and have allowed me to rma my current set and upgrade to the XP4000's. They've made me a happy and loyal customer. They went beyond the call of duty imho.

so far the one set of results i've seen for the xp4000 kit looks good....

of course i might have to update my cpu first otherwise i'll probably run into the same problem im having now......

Capt_Caveman said:
Just wanted to add my Mushkin experience. I recently got a set of the latest batch of HP3200 2gb kit and was very disappointed w/ their performance compared to an early batch of the sticks. To make a long-story short, Tom directed me to Mushkin Tech Support. After discussing the issue with them in great length, they were very customer oriented and have allowed me to rma my current set and upgrade to the XP4000's. They've made me a happy and loyal customer. They went beyond the call of duty imho.

LoL, this is the second time, I read something like this. So in case my Mushkin C2 2GB are also bad overclockers I will be able to exchange them for some PC000 modules? :shrug:

Capt_Caveman said:
I am glad that we could assist you in providing the service you have come to expect from us :)

ok got another question......when you leave all the timings on auto in the bios and then you run memtest.....are the timings that it shows the timings that the ram is rated to run at??

ok the reason i ask is because im determined to get everything working together here at 3ghz and 250mhz ram....

when i memtest with all settings at auto it defaults to 2-3-2-5 and i can pass test #5 25+ times.....

im thinking that maybe the timings for these sticks are 2-3-2-5 or 2-3-2-6....sorry i forget which is was....but anyways im thinking those are the timings for the sticks and the 2-2-2-6 timings are only for the 4000 redlines hence the reason why i cant get them working here with those settings....

if im totally wrong on this let me know....this is my first ever build and oc so it wont hurt my feelings to be wrong.....

Last edited:
ludeboy12 said:
ok got another question......when you leave all the timings on auto in the bios and then you run memtest.....are the timings that it shows the timings that the ram is rated to run at??

Leaving all the timings to "AUTO" value from BIOS results that it loads all the needed data from EEPROM. Everything, like timings with different dividers, voltage, etc are stored to EEPROM.

The timings that are programmed to EEPROM are not necessarily same with the timings that manufacturers guarantee modules to work. EEPROM is used more to guarantee that you can get your PC to boot with timings and voltage that memory is known to work without any problems.

ic.....well at any rate this is the only way it wants to run at 250 and its scores are the highest now in everest so i think i'll keep it like this for now.....

ludeboy12 said:

ok the reason i ask is because im determined to get everything working together here at 3ghz and 250mhz ram....

when i memtest with all settings at auto it defaults to 2-3-2-5 and i can pass test #5 25+ times.....

im thinking that maybe the timings for these sticks are 2-3-2-5 or 2-3-2-6....sorry i forget which is was....but anyways im thinking those are the timings for the sticks and the 2-2-2-6 timings are only for the 4000 redlines hence the reason why i cant get them working here with those settings....

if im totally wrong on this let me know....this is my first ever build and oc so it wont hurt my feelings to be wrong.....
What RAM do you have specifically and I would be happy to give you detailed information on what the timings are :). Feel free to hit me up in chat.

When manufacturers list timiings the generally expected format is such: CAS-TRP-TRCD-TRAS

Cas Latency - RAS Precharge - RAS To CAS Delay - RAS Active Time

Last edited:
i have mushkin redline 3500s......dont even see them on the site anymore so im not sure if they even make them now....the egg still has them though....

comparing timings has just not been too productive for me as everyone i see on all the forums has the redline 4000s......damn i would have bought them but they were just $50 too much when they first came out....

anyways right now on full auto things are ok....as i browse more i am noticing that firefox will just dissapear ever 10 mins or so and i have to restart so there is instability once again.....

oh well im open to more suggestions....

ludeboy12 said:
i have mushkin redline 3500s......dont even see them on the site anymore so im not sure if they even make them now....the egg still has them though....

comparing timings has just not been too productive for me as everyone i see on all the forums has the redline 4000s......damn i would have bought them but they were just $50 too much when they first came out....

anyways right now on full auto things are ok....as i browse more i am noticing that firefox will just dissapear ever 10 mins or so and i have to restart so there is instability once again.....

oh well im open to more suggestions....
I understand completely. The reason why the Redline PC3500s were removed was because they really didnt sell nearly as well as our PC3200s and PC4000s. It really made no sense to have an inbetween like that.

As for timings try this at 250 with maximum voltage:

CAS Latency = 2.5
TRP = 2
TRCD = 3
TRAS = 7

That should smooth things out for you :) In addition make sure that you are not using the 5v jumper on that mobo. We have had many instances of people who have had problems solely because of that.

Hey Sen thanks for being here for us. I love these tech support threads. Any idea when I can buy the 2x1GB XP 6400? I tried to buy some a few weeks ago directly from mushkin but they ended up refunding my money because they are back ordered. I looked all over the net for a reseller that had them in stock but I couldn’t find any. I did find the another pair of the 2x512 xp6400 at newegg. My P5WD2 doesn’t like to run 4 sticks or ram for some reason so now I have 2 sticks of 512 that I will probably never use. I checked out Corsair and OCZ but I haven’t seen any 1GB sticks that look as good. Any solid information I could get on buying some 1GB sticks would be appreciated.

Also, do you think the 1GB sticks will clock almost as well as the 512 version that we all love so much. The sticks I have now are just amazing.

ok i changed the timings in the bios......i dont see how i can use maximum voltage of 3.3v thought without the 5v jumper....

on a side note i ran memtest #5 and it passed 21 times and then i was greeted with some sort of hault....

looks as though my cpu shut down due to overheating.....apparently my vapo turned off or when to standby or somethign during memtest....

luckily its all back and running now.....def had me scared for a min there....

eh i hate to take up this whole thread but even with those settings Sen i still had firefox suddenly close a couple times.....

i have since droped back to the 150 divider and its yet to happen now......only time will tell though...

ludeboy12 said:
ok i changed the timings in the bios......i dont see how i can use maximum voltage of 3.3v thought without the 5v jumper....

on a side note i ran memtest #5 and it passed 21 times and then i was greeted with some sort of hault....

looks as though my cpu shut down due to overheating.....apparently my vapo turned off or when to standby or somethign during memtest....

luckily its all back and running now.....def had me scared for a min there....

shouldn't be scared if your vapo goes off.. A64 have built in auto shut down temperature past 70C if i'm not mistaken..

i don't think u can get more then 3.2v without a jumper unless u have an adjustable PSU or DDR booster..

sometimes using the jumper is better if ur 3.3v rail is not that stable.. and fluctuates a little

Back