• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Technical Support Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ludeboy12 said:
eh i hate to take up this whole thread but even with those settings Sen i still had firefox suddenly close a couple times.....

i have since droped back to the 150 divider and its yet to happen now......only time will tell though...

You are just asking for help :)

Can you get your modules to run with their rated speed?

Here's the specifications for XP3500:
Frequency: DDR433 (217MHz)
Timings: 2-2-2
Voltage: 3,1V - 3,3V

I think the issue you're having is caused by voltage. You're not providing enough voltage to get 250MHz stable. But as you stated before, you're already using 3,3V and you're on the edge of the warranty.

ya i droped back to the 150 divider last night and am now 10hrs prime stable so i'll just stick with this till i move onto a 2gb set.....

hyperasus said:
Any idea when I can buy the 2x1GB XP 6400?512 version that we all love so much. The sticks I have now are just amazing.
Soon. Micron sent us the wrong lot when we last ordered. They should be here I'd say either now or early next week.

Okay, got my Mushkin HP3200 today, it doesnt even do CL2.5 at 200MHz. Could the memory controller be the problem here? No matter what I do, I cant get it to run CL2 or CL2.5. And it doesnt overclock for ****, not even 210MHz @ CL3.

Sheesh, Im so close to selling that AMD crap and get back to Intel. Never had any memory related trouble on my Intel systems. :shrug:

Streifenkarl said:
Okay, got my Mushkin HP3200 today, it doesnt even do CL2.5 at 200MHz. Could the memory controller be the problem here? No matter what I do, I cant get it to run CL2 or CL2.5. And it doesnt overclock for ****, not even 210MHz @ CL3.

Sheesh, Im so close to selling that AMD crap and get back to Intel. Never had any memory related trouble on my Intel systems. :shrug:
As always have you tried each stick by itself?

Okay, I know that overclocks are never guarrentied, but I want at least the rated timings. Tried the modules one by one, I could run them at 2.5-3-3-6 at 200MHz, but that was it. At 204MHz the system crashes. I mention 204MHz because I run my CPU at 250MHz HTT, and with the 5:4 Divider I get 204MHz for the memory.

Sad... my bad luck just never ends with this rig. :(

Streifenkarl said:
Okay, I know that overclocks are never guarrentied, but I want at least the rated timings. Tried the modules one by one, I could run them at 2.5-3-3-6 at 200MHz, but that was it. At 204MHz the system crashes. I mention 204MHz because I run my CPU at 250MHz HTT, and with the 5:4 Divider I get 204MHz for the memory.

Perhaps the CPU is to blame. Have you tried 1:1 yet?

Streifenkarl said:

Try relaxing your RAS to CAS (to 4) that should give you more headroom and also up the Cycle time to around 8.

Ehm, I know I could, but thats not what I bought this memory for. If I wanted to run such bad timings I would get some Value RAM for 60€ less.

Sentential, yeah, I have tried running it 1:1 with the CPU at stock speeds. Still no luck. Unfortunately I dont have another rig right now where I could test the memory.

Is there a way to find out, whether the CPU is the problem or not? I mean without testing the modules in another rig or installing another CPU in this PC.

Streifenkarl said:
Is there a way to find out, whether the CPU is the problem or not? I mean without testing the modules in another rig or installing another CPU in this PC.

Yeah, Prime it for few hours at stock settings and try using one stick at a time, also try memtest to make sure that your RAM is not faulty.

Is there any way if I could return my High Perofmance sticks to you guys (since NewEgg screwed me) and trade them in for eXtreme Performance and pay the difference?

RedDragonXXX said:
Is there any way if I could return my High Perofmance sticks to you guys (since NewEgg screwed me) and trade them in for eXtreme Performance and pay the difference?

i wouldnt say newegg screwed you....i think actually mushkin should have changed the part number to differentiate the sticks....

so maybe they will let you upgrade for that reason......

but newegg clearly says in the title "color heatspreader may vary" so they def warned you that you might not get the better stix.....

on a side note i really wish mushkin had some sort of trade up program.....my memory isnt very old and id really like to upgrade to 2gb and since they no longer make the redline 3500s it would be nice to be able to trade up......though i know i can still get them from newegg but id rather not have ram that isnt being made....

but anyways ya some sort of upgrade policy would be cool.....oh well....

ludeboy12 said:
i wouldnt say newegg screwed you....i think actually mushkin should have changed the part number to differentiate the sticks....

so maybe they will let you upgrade for that reason......

but newegg clearly says in the title "color heatspreader may vary" so they def warned you that you might not get the better stix.....

Either way they need to update this stuff so that people like me don't waste their money, cause I knew what I was buying and when it came here it wasn't the RAM that I expected. They got the latest revision which are not as good and Egg should have noted that, so that's why I want to trade them up.

RedDragonXXX said:
As per our discussion I belive your PSU is at fault :) Shame on you running a Venice/6800U on a PSU with 16A :eek:

ludeboy12 said:
i wouldnt say newegg screwed you....i think actually mushkin should have changed the part number to differentiate the sticks
:confused: How so? lol.... We have been using the same chips on our 2GB parts the *entire* time. What you have is *identical* to what everone else has ever had :)

ludeboy12 said:
um....ok i thougth i read on XS somewhere that the older HP 3200 2gb set clocked better than the new set with a dif color heatspreader.....

if im wrong then i take back what i said....

eh this is the thread i was referring to i think..... http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...ge=1&pp=25&highlight=mushkin+high+performance
The chips are the same, the *exact* same thing. Recent bins coming from the factory have been poor. That is all that is going on. The fact that the RAM isnt clocking as well is totally out of our hands.

ya man im not complaining....hell its not even my ram....

my redlines dont clock too good but they do spec fine so no complaints here....

i was just agreeing thats its nice to know exactly what ur buying sometime....oh well...

ludeboy12 said:
ya man im not complaining....hell its not even my ram....

my redlines dont clock too good but they do spec fine so no complaints here....

i was just agreeing thats its nice to know exactly what ur buying sometime....oh well...
Im sorry, not trying to rip into ya :). I agree that it is nice to know what chips your RAM use, but you have to understand the level of RND we put into our stuff. If we were to release such info we would be undercut.

Back