• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500 vmods question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buraz

Registered
OK so I have some question abut this

1. has anyone done this
2. spindle trimmer 10kOhm .....now if I were to set it to max I cold overvolt my card right(mem or core), so it is necessary to mesure the volts with Vmeter, right

yes and a nother one....when I rase V in BIOS don`t i rese V on my GPU

thanks

you can overclock your card as is. A voltmod is to get a higher overclock. You need a few pots (trimmers, I prefer Cermet-style trimmers), a soldering iron, some small wire (I prefer 28ga.), some small rosin-core solder, a DMM, and some time.

Of course when you raise the volts in bios it won't raise your GPU. There's no setting in BIOS to change your VGPU or VDD

I am sorry for asking such silly questions but I have never done something like this before

I have found a link to Vmods for 9500pro here on forum.....well the thing is if I do it as it is done in the example .....is there a chance to overvolt my card when I turn pots to max....or are those pots in and"safe range"

I will be puting on custom made coling for gpu and ram but would not wont`t to burn my card as I can not buy a nother one for some time

so when I put everything together...I set pot to the max to get lover tensions a then ajustit step by step

do I put the meeter on before i starup the PC?

after you volt mod, you set the trimmer to max resistance, and then measure voltage with the computer on. Then if its too low, lower resistance a bit, and then measure with the computer on again.

Wasn`t here for a few days, just wanted to say thanks for the info

Back