• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another question about x800pro > xt pe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

start

Hi, I did use the forum search but there is SO much about this that I just couldn't find all the answers in the sea of information.

Firstly, my card. It's a Connect3D X800Pro card. VIVO. AGP. However, I bought it from a vendor who stuck a label on it saying "CPUCITY.CO.UK 16 PIPE SPECIAL EDITION PRO SPEEDS".

I'm not sure what BIOS they flashed it with, but in windows it says X800 Pro and it's running at 475/450. It has 16 pipelines enabled.

ANYWAY, I was hoping to mod it to an x800pro > xt pe, however in ATI Tool, the card garbles up and crashes the system when the core gets past about 495mhz, and it gets artifacts with the memory at about 540mhz. So it clearly doesn't want to run the XT PE speeds.

Now, I'm really confused - I've read about two types. 1.3v and 1.4v. I'd have thought, given the poor overclocking of this card, that it was the 1.3v version, however it seems odd as both of my friends have the same card (connect 3d x800Pro VIVO - though theirs came with 12 pipelines).

Can anyone tell me anything that might shed some light on the thing? Like "oh yeah definitely you've got a 1.3v card" or "bad luck you just have a poor card", anything?

Also sorry for asking what must be a stale question, I just still had questions after looking through the forum.

Thanks!

Firstly, i'm assuming you have seen ''16'' in ati tool underpipelines. Secondly, if they are still running the gigabyte X800XT-PE bios to flash it with then your overclock will be cripped. Take a look at the sticky at the top of this page on how to flash your X800Pro. Get the bios that matches the description of your card then flash it, this will most likely help.

You can do a vmod, with a pensil, google for it, theres many guides around. :)

yeah don't get all sad too soon......you still have alot of options, just read around and use WHATEVER bios viperjohn has suggested in previous posts...i know its the one IM running in my x800xt to PE flash...and you can still do all the volt mods like jimbob said...yay

If you have a card that already has all 16 pipes open just overclock it. There isn't any real need to flash it to an xt bios.

The problem is that the card garbles up when the core gets near 500mhz. If it is the same core as an XT PE, this shouldn't happen should it?

It is very possible that you just have a card that can't clock that high. It happens. Just try running some more voltage through it, if your cooling can handle it, and see what happens.

What's a safe max load? I've got my X800Pro at 500/540 right now with load temps at about 57C.

It came already flashed with some XT bios (16 pipes enabled), and I don't know if that's hurting its OC'ing potential, as I don't know which version of the BIOS are on it. At 520/560, I got some pretty hefty artifacting.

What should someone like me, who bought a card that was already flashed, do? I want to reflash the card so I know which BIOS version is on it. Any suggestions? This looks like a Sapphire or BBA that I have, 256MB VIVO AGP.

Back