• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the third "mouse" button on a thinkpad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

perfectturmoil

Well, the title says it all... I have an IBM Thinkpad T22.. Whats that third button beneath the right click and left click do? I haven't been able to figure it out.. Maybe I just need to find a driver to get it to do something..

Does it do something special?

maybe check it out in windows mouse properties menu in the control panel?

It does work in firefox, you just need to go to the IBM website and update the drivers.

Good luck

figure-later said:
It does work in firefox, you just need to go to the IBM website and update the drivers.

Good luck

Which drivers would that be? I tried looking on the website, but nothing seemed to relate to anything I needed.. maybe I just overlooked "mouse" or whatever.. but most things seemed to be fixes for specific solutions...

perfectturmoil said:
Which drivers would that be? I tried looking on the website, but nothing seemed to relate to anything I needed.. maybe I just overlooked "mouse" or whatever.. but most things seemed to be fixes for specific solutions...

to bad you don't have a general updator for the whole book. You could look under mouse properties you might get a driver or device name and then you could hit up google, and then they will point you at the IBM driver page.

Turmoil, go to Windows Update. That is where I get the newest drivers, when I build a T 20. It's a LOT quicker than searching IBM(Lenovo)'s site.

Oh, I didn't know what it (the lower button) did, either.

steve

Back