• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High End System w/ Big Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash

I have several systems w/ Tyan 2500 s1867 Mobo's
Dual PIII's, 2GB's Mem, Elsa Gloria II's, and when I run high end programs the systems crash, run very slow, even get occasional BSOD. Tried other Video Cards, downloaded all the latest drivers, tried it all. Looking for any other suggestions. Want to believe Mobo's are the problem. Anyone know anything about Tyan?

Never heard much good about Tyan mobos. Maybe check and see if there is a newer BIOS upgrade available. If so, download it and flash the BIOS. At least that won't cost anything. If these systems are overclocked, try running the same programs at default speeds and see if they crash. Maybe you need better cooling or better RAM. Just throwing out some possible suggestions to think about.

All the Tyan boards I have used were a bit slow but nearly crash-proof. They build tanks there!:D

Sounds sort of like a memory problem to me, test your sticks I guess. Make sure they are compatible with that board. Are all you mem banks full? Some boards don't like that.

Can you describe your system's settings?
In which specific programme you have the problems?
What error message you get?

Back